Training Westphalian Dachsbrackes is pretty easy. All that’s required is dedication, patience along with five simple tricks and you’ll break them in successfully.
Below we share five Top Suggestions on how you can teach your Westphalian Dachsbracke successfully:
1. In order to avoid your Westphalian Dachsbracke from being confused and so that they will be able to learn instructions readily only 1 person should train your Westphalian Dachsbracke initially. When too many individuals are attempting to train a Westphalian Dachsbracke at the same time it might halt the process in its tracks.
2. One must always use positive reinforcements and feedback. If a Westphalian Dachsbracke does something well, one must praise the behavior so he can know that what he did was welcomed. If your Westphalian Dachsbracke won’t follow or understand your commands, don’t berate him. Westphalian Dachsbrackes are not as smart as humans, they take longer to learn. What you need to realize is that your Westphalian Dachsbracke may not easily understand all your instructions in just one training, it takes repetition to train a Westphalian Dachsbracke successfully. Don’t berate a Westphalian Dachsbracke as he may develop nervousness which will stunt his learning and readiness to be trained. You may use food in order to reward a Westphalian Dachsbracke, but please you do not want to overuse it.
3. Teach orders 1 at a time. Try to teach him one instruction after the next. If he will not absorb it, just stay on that order only because piling on new lessons will just confuse the Westphalian Dachsbracke. Have faith in the basics.
4. In executing instructions, you should keep your inflection cheerful so the Westphalian Dachsbracke will gleefully obey your commands. Westphalian Dachsbrackes respond to a low and confident voice. If you ever yell, he might become agitated and fearful.
5. Train a Westphalian Dachsbracke in multiple places. When you keep the Westphalian Dachsbracke in one particular place like your house, he won’t be able to adjust to a new place with different people. Take him to a park or through your neighborhood. This will aid your Westphalian Dachsbracke get used to different breeds and people.
Westphalian Dachsbracke Training: Conclusion
Training the Westphalian Dachsbracke will sometimes be hard, however it’ll be worth it. In the end, you’ll be the beneficiary when your Westphalian Dachsbracke is trained. Who knows, he may even save your life in the future and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Westphalian Dachsbrackes
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂