Training Pyrenean Mastiffs is quite simple. You just need patience, dedication along with some simple skills and you’ll teach them successfully.
Below we share five Super Tips for how to break in a Pyrenean Mastiff with fantastic results:
1. In order to avoid a Pyrenean Mastiff from being confused and in order that they can begin to recognize commands readily only a single individual should train a Pyrenean Mastiff at first. In instances where too many individuals are attempting to train your Pyrenean Mastiff at the same time this might halt progress in its tracks.
2. Trainers must utilize positive feedback. Once a Pyrenean Mastiff listens, the trainier must praise the act so he will know that what he did was proper. If your Pyrenean Mastiff does not follow commands, don’t berate him. Pyrenean Mastiffs aren’t as intelligent as we are, they make mistakes. What you have to realize is that they may not readily follow all your orders in only 1 training, it takes repeated attempts to teach the Pyrenean Mastiff . Do not berate a Pyrenean Mastiff because he may begin to develop anxiety which might stunt his learning and ability to be trained. Trainers may give food in order to reward a Pyrenean Mastiff, although you should not take it too far.
3. Teach skills 1 at a time. Try to train him on one command after the other. In case he won’t learn it, stay on that lesson only because adding other lessons will most likely just confuse the Pyrenean Mastiff. Have faith in the fundamentals.
4. When you are executing instructions, you must keep your intonation pleasant so your Pyrenean Mastiff will gladly submit to the orders. Pyrenean Mastiffs will respond to a low and coaxing voice. If you ever shout out loud, he may be annoyed and fearful.
5. Train the Pyrenean Mastiff in different locales. When you keep your Pyrenean Mastiff in a certain place like your house, he won’t be able to adjust to a different place with different individuals. Take him to your park or around the neighborhood. This will aid your Pyrenean Mastiff get used to different breeds and people.
Training Your Pyrenean Mastiff: Conclusion
Teaching the Pyrenean Mastiff will sometimes be difficult, but it will be worth it. The bottom line is, you will be the beneficiary when your Pyrenean Mastiff is taught. Who knows, he may even rescue you one day and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Pyrenean Mastiffs
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂