Training Polish Hounds is quite easy. All that’s required is patience, dedication and five easy to learn techniques and you will break them in successfully.
Here we share 5 Useful Tips on how you can teach a Polish Hound successfully:
1. In order to prevent a Polish Hound from becoming confused and so that they will be able to learn commands quickly just a single person should be responsible for training a Polish Hound initially. In instances where too many people attempt to train your Polish Hound at once it might stop the process in its tracks.
2. You must take advantage of positive feedback. When the Polish Hound does something right, you must reward the behavior so he can understand that what he did was correct. If your Polish Hound will not understand your commands, don’t scold him. Polish Hounds aren’t as smart as us, they make errors. What you must realize is that they might not easily follow all your commands in the first training, it requires repetition to train the Polish Hound successfully. Don’t harass the Polish Hound because he might develop timidness which will probaby hinder his learning and willingness to be trained. Trainers might use treats in order to praise the Polish Hound, but definitely you should not take it too far.
3. Teach orders 1 at a time. Attempt to train him on one command after the next. In the instance where he is unable to absorb it, try to remain on that skill only because trying more commands may just confuse the Polish Hound. Start with the fundamentals.
4. When giving lessons, keep your intonation pleasant so your Polish Hound will cheerfully submit to your teachings. Polish Hounds respond best to a quiet and coaxing voice. If you shout out loud, he may become nervous and startled.
5. Train your Polish Hound in various places. If you keep the Polish Hound in a particular environment like your home, he may not have the ability to adjust to a different locale with new people. Take him to your dog park or through the neighborhood. This can aid your Polish Hound get acquainted with other breeds and people.
Conclusion: Polish Hound Training
Breaking in the Polish Hound will frequently be difficult, however it will be worth it. The bottom line is, you will be the beneficiary when your Polish Hound is trained. Who knows, he may even save your life in the future and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Polish Hounds
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂