Training the Paisley Terrier is not a hard task. Just have a little patience, dedication coupled with these 5 easy to learn tactics and you will train them successfully.
Below are five Great Tips for how you can teach your Paisley Terrier with great results:
1. To prevent the Paisley Terrier from becoming disoriented and so that they will be able to learn to understand instructions quickly just 1 person should be responsible for training your Paisley Terrier initially. In instances where too many individuals attempt to train the Paisley Terrier at the same time this will stop progress in its tracks.
2. Trainers should always use positive reinforcements and feedback. Once your Paisley Terrier does something good, you might reward this behavior so he can know that what he did was right. If the Paisley Terrier does not follow or understand commands, don’t push him. Paisley Terriers aren’t as intelligent as people, they take longer to learn. What you should accept is that a Paisley Terrier will not easily understand your instructions in the first session, it takes repetition to train your Paisley Terrier successfully. Do not scold your Paisley Terrier because he could develop nervousness which will retard his learning and ability to be trained. Trainers can use treats to reward a Paisley Terrier, but please you should not take it too far.
3. Teach skills one at a time. Try to train him on 1 command after another. In the instance where he won’t absorb it, try to stay on that instruction only because adding more lessons might just confuse the Paisley Terrier. Stick to the basics.
4. In executing skills, you must keep your voice pleasant so the Paisley Terrier will gleefully submit to the instructions. Paisley Terriers will respond to a quiet and confident tone. When you yell, he may be agitated and fearful.
5. Train your Paisley Terrier in varying locales. When you keep the Paisley Terrier in 1 certain environment like your home, he won’t have the ability to adjust to a new location with different people. Take him to the dog park or around your neighborhood. This will aid your Paisley Terrier get familiar with other breeds and people.
Training Your Paisley Terrier: Conclusion
Teaching the Paisley Terrier can sometimes be challenging, but it will always be worth it. The bottom line is, you will be the lucky one when your Paisley Terrier is reared. You never know, he might even rescue you one day and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Paisley Terriers
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂