Training the Golden Retriever is not a hard task. Just have a little dedication, patience as well as these five easy to learn tactics and you’ll break them in successfully.
Below we share five Top Techniques on how you can break in your Golden Retriever with fantastic results:
1. In order to avoid the Golden Retriever from getting confused and so that they can understand commands readily just one person should train a Golden Retriever at first. In instances where too many folks try to train your Golden Retriever at the same time this will stop progress.
2. One must always take advantage of positive feedback and reinforcements. When a Golden Retriever does something well, one should reward it so that he will know that what he did was good. If a Golden Retriever can’t follow instructions, don’t harass him. Golden Retrievers are not as intelligent as humans, they make mistakes. What you should realize is that a Golden Retriever won’t readily follow your instructions in just 1 training, it takes repetition to train your Golden Retriever . Don’t push your Golden Retriever since he might develop skittishness which may hinder his learning and ability to be taught. Trainers might use treats or food to praise a Golden Retriever, but you do not want to overdue it.
3. Teach commands 1 at a time. Try to train him on 1 lesson after the next. In case he is unable to remember it, try to stay on that command only because trying additional instructions may just confuse the Golden Retriever. Stick to the fundamentals.
4. While teaching commands, you should keep your inflection pleasant so your Golden Retriever will willingly follow the commands. Golden Retrievers respond to a low and confident voice. If you yell, he might be agitated and startled.
5. Train your Golden Retriever in varying spaces. If you keep your Golden Retriever in just one particular place like your house, he won’t be able to adjust to a new place with new people. Take him to the dog park or throughout the neighborhood. This can assist your Golden Retriever associate with different breeds and people.
Golden Retriever Training: Conclusion
Teaching your Golden Retriever will frequently be challenging, but it will be worth it. In the end, you will be the one to benefit when your Golden Retriever is taught. Who knows, he could even rescue you in the future and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Golden Retrievers
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂