Training the Catahoula Cur is not a hard task. All that’s required is patience, dedication as well as five simple tricks and you will train them successfully.
In This Article are 5 Great Tips on how to break in a Catahoula Cur successfully:
1. To avoid the Catahoula Cur from being confused and so that they will be able to begin to learn orders easily only 1 person should train your Catahoula Cur at first. When too many people attempt to train a Catahoula Cur simultaneously this may halt the process.
2. You must utilize positive feedback. Once the Catahoula Cur does something good, you might praise the act so he will know that what he did was good. If a Catahoula Cur won’t understand or follow instructions, don’t harass him. Catahoula Curs aren’t as smart as humans, they make mistakes. What you must accept is that they won’t easily follow your orders in only one training, it requires repetition to train the Catahoula Cur successfully. Do not scold a Catahoula Cur since he could begin to develop timidness which will probaby affect his learning and willingness to be taught. Trainers might give snacks or food to reward a Catahoula Cur, but definitely don’t take it too far.
3. Teach lessons 1 at a time. Try to teach him 1 skill after another. In case he can’t absorb it, try to stay on that skill only because trying other instructions will most likely just confuse the Catahoula Cur. Have faith in the basics.
4. When you are executing commands, you should keep your inflection cheerful so the Catahoula Cur will cheerfully follow the lessons. Catahoula Curs respond to a quiet and coaxing tone. When you shout out loud, he may get nervous and fearful.
5. Train the Catahoula Cur in varying places. When you keep your Catahoula Cur in just one certain space like your home, he may not be able to adjust to a new location with new individuals. Take him to your dog park or around the neighborhood. This can aid your Catahoula Cur get used to other people and breeds.
Conclusion: Training Your Catahoula Cur
Training the Catahoula Cur can frequently be tough, but it’ll be worth it. In the end, you’ll be the lucky one when your Catahoula Cur is reared. Who knows, he might even rescue you one day and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Catahoula Curs
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂