Training Bernese Mountain Dogs is pretty easy. All that’s required is dedication, patience as well as some simple skills and you’ll teach them successfully.
Here we share 5 Super Techniques on how to train your Bernese Mountain Dog with great results:
1. To avoid a Bernese Mountain Dog from becoming confused and so that they will be able to learn to recognize orders easily just one person should be responsible for training a Bernese Mountain Dog initially. If too many people are attempting to train a Bernese Mountain Dog simultaneously it will stop progress.
2. One should use positive feedback. When your Bernese Mountain Dog does something good, the trainier must praise this behavior so that he can realize that what he did was good. If your Bernese Mountain Dog doesn’t understand instructions, never scold him. Bernese Mountain Dogs aren’t as smart as we are, they make mistakes. What you have to understand is that your Bernese Mountain Dog might not readily obey all your instructions in only 1 teaching, it takes repetitive actions to train the Bernese Mountain Dog . Do not punish the Bernese Mountain Dog because he might develop skittishness which might stunt his learning and ability to be trained. You might give them snacks to praise the Bernese Mountain Dog, but definitely you do not want to overuse it.
3. Teach commands 1 at a time. Make sure to teach him one order after another. If he won’t learn it, just stay on that lesson only because adding more lessons might just confuse the Bernese Mountain Dog. Start with the basics.
4. When executing skills, keep your voice pleasant so your Bernese Mountain Dog will cheerfully follow your commands. Bernese Mountain Dogs respond best to a quiet and confident voice. If you shout out loud, he may get annoyed and startled.
5. Train the Bernese Mountain Dog in multiple places. If you keep your Bernese Mountain Dog in just 1 certain location like your home, he will not have the ability to adapt to a new place with new individuals. Take him to the park or around your neighborhood. This can help your Bernese Mountain Dog get used to other breeds and people.
Training A Bernese Mountain Dog: Conclusion
Teaching the Bernese Mountain Dog will frequently be hard, but it will be worth it. In the end, you’ll be the lucky one when your Bernese Mountain Dog is broken in. Who knows, he might even save your life in the future and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Bernese Mountain Dogs
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂