Training Barbets is not a hard task. Just have a little dedication, patience together with 5 simple techniques and you’ll break them in successfully.
Below are 5 Helpful Techniques on how you can train a Barbet with good results:
1. In order to prevent your Barbet from becoming unsure and in order that they will be able to learn orders easily just a single person should train a Barbet to start. In instances where too many individuals are attempting to train your Barbet simultaneously this can stop the process.
2. You must always use positive feedback. When the Barbet listens, one might reward the action so that he will understand that what he did was right. If the Barbet won’t understand and follow instructions, don’t harass him. Barbets aren’t as smart as people, they take longer to learn. What you must take into account is that your Barbet may not easily follow your orders in the first training, it requires repetitive attempts to break in the Barbet successfully. Do not push a Barbet as he could develop nervousness which can affect his learning and readiness to be trained. Trainers should use food or treats to encourage the Barbet, but you don’t want to take it too far.
3. Teach instructions one at a time. Make sure to teach him one instruction after another. In case he won’t retain it, stay on that instruction only because adding new lessons will just confuse the Barbet. Rely on the basics.
4. When executing skills, you must keep your intonation pleasant so your Barbet will willingly submit to the orders. Barbets will respond to a quiet and coaxing tone. If you ever scream, he may become annoyed and startled.
5. Train a Barbet in varying environments. When you keep your Barbet in just one particular location like your home, he won’t be able to adjust to a different locale with new people. Take him to a dog park or around your neighborhood. This can aid your Barbet get acquainted with other people and breeds.
Conclusion: Barbet Training
Teaching a Barbet can sometimes be tough, but it will always be worth it. The bottom line is, you’ll be the lucky one when your Barbet is reared. Who knows, he could even save your life one day and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Barbets
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂