Training Alpine Spaniels is very easy. All that’s required is dedication, patience as well as these five easy to learn tactics and you will train them successfully.
Below we share 5 Useful Suggestions on how you can teach your Alpine Spaniel with great results:
1. To avoid a Alpine Spaniel from getting confused and so that they can learn to understand commands easily only 1 individual should be responsible for training a Alpine Spaniel in the beginning. In instances where too many folks try to train the Alpine Spaniel simultaneously it might stop the process.
2. You should always take advantage of positive feedback. If your Alpine Spaniel listens, one might reward this behavior so he will understand that what he did was right. If your Alpine Spaniel will not follow your commands, never berate him. Alpine Spaniels aren’t as intelligent as people, they take longer to learn. What you need to understand is that a Alpine Spaniel may not easily comprehend all your instructions in just 1 session, it requires repetitive actions to teach a Alpine Spaniel successfully. Don’t punish your Alpine Spaniel as he might begin to develop anxiety which might hinder his learning and willingness to be taught. You can give treats or food to encourage the Alpine Spaniel, but definitely you do not want to overuse it.
3. Teach lessons 1 at a time. Make sure to teach him one skill after another. In the event he won’t retain it, try to stay on that command only because trying more instructions will most likely just confuse the Alpine Spaniel. Rely on the fundamentals.
4. When you are teaching instructions, you must keep your intonation cheerful so the Alpine Spaniel will gladly submit to your instructions. Alpine Spaniels respond best to a low and confident tone. When you scream, he may be annoyed and afraid.
5. Train your Alpine Spaniel in multiple places. If you keep your Alpine Spaniel in just one particular space like your home, he won’t have the ability to adapt to a new location with different people. Take him to the park or through your neighborhood. This will help your Alpine Spaniel get used to more people and breeds.
Conclusion: Training The Alpine Spaniel
Breaking in your Alpine Spaniel can sometimes be difficult, however it will always be worth it. The bottom line is, you will be the one to benefit when your Alpine Spaniel is reared. You never know, he could even save your life one day and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Alpine Spaniels
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂