With so many guys advertising in the world of professional dog training today, deciding who’s actually best qualified to train your American Pit Bull Terrier can be confusing. What to examine for when deciding on a professional to help you with training your American Pit Bull Terrier:
How to Find a Trainer For Your American Pit Bull Terrier: Six Things to Look For
- 1) A pristine reputation, inquire and obtain suggestions from your doctor, other American Pit Bull Terrier owners, or local kennel clubs.
- 2) Experience. – Inquire about their background, i.e. number of years experience.
- 3) A genuine love of and devotion to American Pit Bull Terriers.
- 4) Extensive and up to date knowledge. Dedicated trainers keep themselves updated by attending dog training and animal behavior courses, conferences, seminars and workshops.
- 5) Their training methodology and handling skills. A good trainers first concern should be the American Pit Bull Terrier’s well being.
- 6) Memberships with reputable associations, organizations and training clubs.
Basic American Pit Bull Terrier Obedience Tips
Training has to be a pleasant and rewarding experience for both you and your American Pit Bull Terrier. If you are not in the right mood for training, don’t even begin. Always treat the American Pit Bull Terrier for listening to your orders precisely! A reward is anything that your American Pit Bull Terrier desires and is happy to earn. Food is an obvious prize but other treats could be verbalized commendation and playthings. Many brief sessions are typically more effective than a single long one. Training mustn’t contain any negative comments or punishment. There should be no shouting, no smacking or hitting, no chain jerking on choke leashes or collars, and absolutely no electric fences! Every single training opportunity should be enjoyed and reinforcing with prizes for a job well done.
Training American Pit Bull Terriers with head collars
Dragging the lead is one of the few displeasing jobs of training a new American Pit Bull Terrier puppy. Using a head collar for American Pit Bull Terrier training has become very popular during the last few years. Training with a head collar does have some advantages over the standard training collar. Even though it is quite easy to use, it is vital that head collars are fit correctly and your American Pit Bull Terrier gradually introduced to the collar. Head collars are usually more simple to use than an usual training collar. Head collars are very powerful when controlling American Pit Bull Terriers in difficult situations.Don’t forget to check out these other articles about American Pit Bull Terriers.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂