With so many folks advertising in the world of professional dog training today, learning who’s actually qualified to care for your Chippiparai can be confusing. What to prepare for when determining a professional to help you with training your Chippiparai:
How to Find a Trainer For Your Chippiparai: What to Look For
- 1) A stellar reputation, inquire and get recommendations from your veterinarian, other Chippiparai owners, or local kennel clubs.
- 2) Experience. – Inquire about their background, i.e. number of years experience.
- 3) A genuine love of and devotion to Chippiparais.
- 4) Extensive and up to date knowledge. Dedicated trainers keep themselves updated by attending dog training and animal behavior courses, conferences, seminars and workshops.
- 5) Their training methodology and handling skills. A good trainers first concern should be the Chippiparai’s well being.
- 6) Memberships with reputable associations, organizations and training clubs.
Standard Chippiparai Obedience Tips
Training has to be a positive and enjoyable situation for both you and the Chippiparai. If you’re not in the best mood for training, don’t even begin. Always commend the Chippiparai for heeding your commands exactly! A treat is anything that your Chippiparai wants and is willing to earn. Food is the usual reward but other prizes could be verbalized admiration and playthings. Multiple shorter training sessions are demonstrated to be more effective than 1 long one. Training mustn’t contain any negative comments or consequences. There should be no shouting, no hitting or smacking, no leash jerking on training leashes or collars, and absolutely no electric fences! Every single training opportunity should be pleasant and positive with prizes for jobs well done.
Training Chippiparais with head collars
Dragging the lead is one of the few unpleasant tasks of bringing up a new Chippiparai puppy. Using a head collar for Chippiparai training has become very popular during the last decade. Training with a head collar does have some unique advantages over the standard training collar. Even though it is quite easy to use, it is important that head collars are fit correctly and your Chippiparai systematically introduced to the collar. Head collars are generally more simple to use than a typical training collar. Head collars are very powerful when controlling Chippiparais in tricky situations.Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Chippiparais.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂