With so many guys advertising in the field of professional dog training today, trying to determine who’s truly qualified to care for your Cavalier King Charles Spaniel can be tiresome. What to think about for when choosing a trainer to help you with training your Cavalier King Charles Spaniel:
How to Find a Trainer For Your Cavalier King Charles Spaniel: Six Things to Look For
- 1) A great reputation, ask around and get advice from your doctor, other Cavalier King Charles Spaniel owners, or local kennel clubs.
- 2) Experience. – Inquire about their background, i.e. number of years experience.
- 3) A genuine love of and devotion to Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.
- 4) Extensive and up to date knowledge. Dedicated trainers keep themselves updated by attending dog training and animal behavior courses, conferences, seminars and workshops.
- 5) Their training methodology and handling skills. A good trainers first concern should be the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel’s well being.
- 6) Memberships with reputable associations, organizations and training clubs.
Standard Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Obedience Tips
Training must be a pleasant and enjoyable experience for both you and the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. If you are not in the best mindset for training, do not even think of starting. Always commend the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel for heeding your orders promptly! A treat is anything that your Cavalier King Charles Spaniel wants and is happy to earn. Food is the usual prize but different rewards could be verbal commendation and toys. Multiple shorter sessions are much more effective than a long one. Training shouldn’t involve any degrading components or consequences. There should be no shouting, no smacking or hitting, no chain jerking on training chains or collars, and absolutely no electric fences! Each training session needs to be enjoyed and reinforcing with treats for a job well done.
Training Cavalier King Charles Spaniels with head collars
Yanking the leash is one of the few displeasing tasks of raising a new Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppy. Utilizing a head collar for Cavalier King Charles Spaniel training has become standard in the last few years. Training with a head collar does have some benefits over the regular training collar. While quite simple to use, it is imperative that head collars are fit correctly and your Cavalier King Charles Spaniel systematically introduced to the collar. Head collars are pretty much more intuitive to use than a typical training collar. Head collars are quite powerful when guiding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels in tricky situations.Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂