With so many guys advertising in the field of professional dog training today, learning who’s really qualified to train your Bouvier Des Ardennes can be tiresome. What to prepare for when choosing a professional to help you with training your Bouvier Des Ardennes:
How to Find a Trainer For Your Bouvier Des Ardennes: What to Look For
- 1) A pristine reputation, ask around and get insight from your vet, other Bouvier Des Ardennes owners, or local kennel clubs.
- 2) Experience. – Inquire about their background, i.e. number of years experience.
- 3) A genuine love of and devotion to Bouvier Des Ardenness.
- 4) Extensive and up to date knowledge. Dedicated trainers keep themselves updated by attending dog training and animal behavior courses, conferences, seminars and workshops.
- 5) Their training methodology and handling skills. A good trainers first concern should be the Bouvier Des Ardennes’s well being.
- 6) Memberships with reputable associations, organizations and training clubs.
General Bouvier Des Ardennes Obedience Tips
Training has to be a pleasant and enjoyable situation for both you and the Bouvier Des Ardennes. If you’re not in the right mood for training, don’t even think of beginning. Always treat the Bouvier Des Ardennes for listening to your orders to the letter! A treat is anything that your Bouvier Des Ardennes wants and is willing to work for. Food is the usual prize but different rewards could be oral commendation and playthings. Multiple brief sessions are demonstrated to be better than one long one. Training must not contain any negative components or consequences. There should be no yelling, no hitting or smacking, no leash jerking on training leashes or collars, and absolutely no electricity! Each training opportunity needs to be enjoyable and confidence-building with praise for jobs well done.
Training Bouvier Des Ardenness with head collars
Pulling on the leash is one of the few negative jobs of raising a new Bouvier Des Ardennes puppy. Using a head collar for Bouvier Des Ardennes training has become very popular throughout the last few years. Training with a head collar does have some benefits over the regular training collar. Though it’s very easy to utilize, it’s vital that head collars are fitted correctly and your Bouvier Des Ardennes gradually introduced to the collar. Head collars are typically more simple to use than a regular training collar. Head collars are quite effective when training Bouvier Des Ardenness in tricky situations.Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Bouvier Des Ardenness.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂