More than 50% of the population permit their Toy Trawler Spaniels to live inside and sleep on their sofa or in their owner’s bed. For those of you guys who are interested in how to build a dog house for your Toy Trawler Spaniel, to follow are some simple rules to follow when considering the type of shelter you want to build for your Toy Trawler Spaniel.
How to Build Your Toy Trawler Spaniel a House: Size
1. You should start your house building process by ensuring the house is big enough to fit your Toy Trawler Spaniel’s potential mature size. As humans, we enjoy having approximately 2 feet of air overhead in a room to live without feeling boxed in. The Toy Trawler Spaniel will also enjoy having that much space. The comfort zone for both humans and Toy Trawler Spaniels is approximately 33% of their standing height. To figure out how much space the Toy Trawler Spaniel will need go get a tape measure and measure your Toy Trawler Spaniel. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the Toy Trawler Spaniel when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Toy Trawler Spaniel should be able to peer out the front entrance when both standing up and sitting. So the Toy Trawler Spaniel won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his tummy, make sure that door is tall enough. Stand above the Toy Trawler Spaniel and measure the breadth of the widest point of the animal’s shoulders.
How to Build a Dog House for Your Toy Trawler Spaniel: Elevation
2. Remember to raise the dog house several inches from the ground to permit air and water to flow underneath. To dissuade pests from entering the dog house, and taking your Toy Trawler Spaniel’s health into consideration, remember how vital ventilation is. Put in a few nickel-sized holes in the walls below the eaves. Install a wind block inside the house so the Toy Trawler Spaniel can use the warmth of its body to heat the area if it is really cold or breezy outside. Think about adding a partial panel which will permit your Toy Trawler Spaniel to escape the bad weather. Your Toy Trawler Spaniel can decide to just snooze in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved pet would probably appreciate having a pillow or some sort of bedding to sleep on.
How to Build Your Toy Trawler Spaniel a Dog House: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain entering the house make the floor just a bit angled in the direction of the entrance and construct the roof a bit angled, as well. Ensure the dog house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In America most storms come from the west and south so ensure the dog house faces a different direction. Most dog house blueprints recommend that the house opening faces east. The cold air will not be able to whip through the entrance then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Toy Trawler Spaniel’s Dog House
5. It is recommended that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Toy Trawler Spaniel a house. This makes it easier for you to empty out your Toy Trawler Spaniel’s house. You should clean your Toy Trawler Spaniel’s house as often as you give your Toy Trawler Spaniel a bath.
Toy Trawler Spaniel Dog House: Conclusion
If your Toy Trawler Spaniel stays outside then he needs to have a pleasant place to sleep and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these straightforward tips on building a dog house for your Toy Trawler Spaniel will help you get started.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Toy Trawler Spaniels.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂