Over 50% of owners allows their Toy Fox Terriers to live indoors and sleep on their couch or in the owner’s bed. For those of you guys who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your Toy Fox Terrier, following are some simple rules to follow when figuring out the type of shelter you want to build for your Toy Fox Terrier.
How to Build Your Toy Fox Terrier a Dog House: Size
1. You should begin your house building process by making sure the house is large enough to accommodate your Toy Fox Terrier’s potential mature size. People enjoy having around two feet of air overhead in a room to live without feeling boxed in. The Toy Fox Terrier will probably also appreciate having that much room. The comfort zone for both people and Toy Fox Terriers is about 1/3 of their standing height. To calculate how much room the Toy Fox Terrier will need get a tape measure and measure your Toy Fox Terrier. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the Toy Fox Terrier when he is in the most comfortable, relaxed and stretched out position he can get into. Your Toy Fox Terrier should be able to peer out the front door when both sitting and standing. So the Toy Fox Terrier will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his tummy, make sure that entrance is tall enough. Stand over the Toy Fox Terrier and measure the width of the widest point of the animal’s shoulders.
Building Your Toy Fox Terrier a House: Elevation
2. Remember to elevate the dog house several inches from the ground to permit water and air to flow below. To discourage bugs from entering the house, and taking your Toy Fox Terrier’s health into consideration, remember how vital air circulation is. Put in a few nickel-sized openings in the walls under the eaves. Install a wind block inside the house so the Toy Fox Terrier can use the heat of its own body to heat up the area if it is really cold or breezy outside. Think about adding a partial wall which will help your Toy Fox Terrier to escape the bad weather. Your animal can choose to just sleep in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved Toy Fox Terrier would probably appreciate having a cushion or some sort of pallet to sleep on.
Building Your Toy Fox Terrier a House: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain entering the house make the floor just a bit tilted in the direction of the door and construct the roof a bit slanted, as well. Make sure the dog house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In America most storms come from the west and south so ensure the dog house faces a different direction. Most dog house blueprints recommend that the house doorway faces east. The cold air will not be able to rush through the door then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Toy Fox Terrier’s Dog House
5. It is recommended that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Toy Fox Terrier a house. This makes it easier for you to clean your Toy Fox Terrier’s house. You should empty out the Toy Fox Terrier’s house as much as you give your Toy Fox Terrier a bath.
Toy Fox Terrier Dog House: Conclusion
If your Toy Fox Terrier stays outside then he needs to have a pleasant place to snooze and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these easy tips on building a dog house for your Toy Fox Terrier will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Toy Fox Terriers.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂