Greater than 50 percent of the population allows their Toy Bulldogs to stay inside and sleep on their sofa or in the bed. For those of you who are wondering how to build a dog house for your Toy Bulldog, here are some simple rules to follow when deciding what type of shelter you want to provide for your Toy Bulldog.
How to Build Your Toy Bulldog a House: Size
1. You should start your house building process by ensuring the house is large enough to fit your Toy Bulldog’s potential mature size. People enjoy having about two feet of air overhead in a room to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Toy Bulldog will probably also enjoy having that much space. The target zone for both humans and Toy Bulldogs is around thrity-three percent of their standing height. To figure out how much space the Toy Bulldog will need go get a ruler and measure your Toy Bulldog. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and especially measure the full dimension of the Toy Bulldog when he is in the most comfortable, relaxed and stretched out position he can get into. Your Toy Bulldog should be able to gaze out the front door while both sitting and standing. So the Toy Bulldog will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his stomach, make sure that entrance is high enough. Stand above the Toy Bulldog and measure the breadth of the broadest point of the Toy Bulldog’s shoulders.
How to Build a House for Your Toy Bulldog: Elevation
2. Remember to elevate the dog house several inches from the ground to allow water and air to flow below. To dissuade pests from entering the house, and taking your Toy Bulldog’s health into consideration, remember how vital fresh air is. Install a few nickel-sized holes in the walls under the eaves. Install a wind block inside the house so the Toy Bulldog can use the heat of its own body to warm up the space if it is really cold or windy outside. Think about adding a partial panel which will permit your Toy Bulldog to escape the unpleasant weather. Your Toy Bulldog can decide to just sleep in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved Toy Bulldog would probably love having a pillow or some sort of pallet to snooze on.
Building a Dog House for Your Toy Bulldog: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain coming into the house make the floor just a bit tilted in the direction of the opening and build the roof a little bit on an angle, as well. Make sure the house is well insulated but you should not paint the interior.
4. In America most storms come from the west and south so make sure the house is facing a different direction. Most house plans recommend that the house door faces east. The cold air will not be able to rush through the opening then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Toy Bulldog’s House
5. It’s recommended that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Toy Bulldog a house. This makes it easier for you to clean your Toy Bulldog’s house. You should clean your Toy Bulldog’s house as often as you give your Toy Bulldog a bath.
Toy Bulldog Dog House: Conclusion
If your Toy Bulldog stays outside then he deserves to have a pleasant place to sleep and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for the Toy Bulldog will help you start.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Toy Bulldogs.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂