More than fifty percent of the population allows their Segugio Italianos to stay indoors and sleep on the couch or in the owner’s bed. For those of you guys who are wondering how to build a dog house for your Segugio Italiano, to follow are our simple rules to follow when determining what type of house you want to provide for your Segugio Italiano.
Building Your Segugio Italiano a Dog House: Size
1. You should start your house building process by making sure the house is large enough to accommodate your Segugio Italiano’s potential adult size. Humans enjoy having approximately 2 feet of air overhead in a room to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Segugio Italiano will also enjoy having that much space. The comfort zone for both people and Segugio Italianos is around 33% of their standing height. To calculate how much room the Segugio Italiano will need go get a ruler and measure your Segugio Italiano. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the Segugio Italiano when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Segugio Italiano should be able to gaze out the front door when both standing up and sitting. So the Segugio Italiano won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his tummy, make sure that entrance is high enough. Stand over the Segugio Italiano and measure the width of the broadest point of the animal’s shoulders.
Building Your Segugio Italiano a House: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to raise the house several inches from the ground to permit air and water to flow below. To discourage pests from invading the dog house, and taking your Segugio Italiano’s health into consideration, remember how important ventilation is. Install a few nickel-sized holes in the walls underneath the eaves. Install a wind block inside the house so the Segugio Italiano can use the warmth of its body to warm the area if it is extremely cold or windy outside. Consider adding a partial panel which will help your Segugio Italiano to escape the inclement weather. Your Segugio Italiano can choose to just snooze in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved Segugio Italiano would probably love having a cushion or some sort of pallet to snooze on.
How to Build a Dog House for Your Segugio Italiano: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain coming into the dog house make the floor just a bit tilted in the direction of the opening and build the roof a bit on an angle, as well. Make sure the house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the interior.
4. In America most storms come from the south and west so ensure the house is facing a different direction. Most house plans suggest that the dog house entrance faces east. The cold air won’t be able to whip through the door then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Segugio Italiano’s Dog House
5. It is recommended that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Segugio Italiano a dog house. This makes it simpler for you to empty your Segugio Italiano’s house. You should empty your Segugio Italiano’s house as often as you give your Segugio Italiano a bath.
Segugio Italiano Dog House: Conclusion
If your Segugio Italiano stays outside then he deserves to have a comfortable place to sleep and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these straightforward tips on building a dog house for your Segugio Italiano will help you get started.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Segugio Italianos.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂