More than 50% of people permit their Saarlooswolfhonds to stay indoors and sleep on the couch or in the bed. For those of you all who are wondering how to build a dog house for your Saarlooswolfhond, following are some simple rules to follow when figuring out what type of house you want to provide for your Saarlooswolfhond.
How to Build Your Saarlooswolfhond a Dog House: Size
1. You should start your house building process by making sure the house is large enough to fit your Saarlooswolfhond’s potential mature size. As humans, we enjoy having around 2 feet of air overhead in a room in order to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Saarlooswolfhond will probably also enjoy having that much space. The comfort zone for both humans and Saarlooswolfhonds is approximately thrity-three percent of their standing height. To calculate how much space the Saarlooswolfhond will need go get a ruler and measure your Saarlooswolfhond. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and especially measure the full dimension of the Saarlooswolfhond when he is in the most stretched out, comfortable, and relaxed position he can get into. Your Saarlooswolfhond should be able to peer out the front door while both sitting and standing. So the Saarlooswolfhond will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his tummy, make sure that door is high enough. Stand above the Saarlooswolfhond and measure the breadth of the broadest point of the Saarlooswolfhond’s shoulders.
How to Build Your Saarlooswolfhond a Dog House: Elevation
2. Remember to raise the dog house several inches from the ground to permit water and air to flow below. To discourage pests from invading the dog house, and taking your Saarlooswolfhond’s health into consideration, remember how vital ventilation is. Install a few nickel-sized holes in the panels underneath the eaves. Put a wind block inside the house so the Saarlooswolfhond can use the heat of its body to heat the space if it is extremely cold or breezy outside. Consider adding a partial panel which will allow your Saarlooswolfhond to escape the unpleasant weather. Your Saarlooswolfhond can decide to just snooze in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved Saarlooswolfhond would probably appreciate having a pillow or some sort of pallet to snooze on.
How to Build a House for Your Saarlooswolfhond: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain entering the house make the floor just a little bit slanted in the direction of the door and build the roof a little bit angled, as well. Make sure the dog house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the inside.
4. In the United States most storms come from the west and south so ensure the house is facing a different direction. Most house plans recommend that the dog house entryway faces east. The cold air won’t be able to rush through the opening then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Saarlooswolfhond’s Dog House
5. It’s suggested that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Saarlooswolfhond a dog house. This makes it easier for you to empty your Saarlooswolfhond’s home. You should clean out the Saarlooswolfhond’s house as much as you give your Saarlooswolfhond a bath.
Saarlooswolfhond Dog House: Conclusion
If your Saarlooswolfhond lives outdoors then he deserves to have a comfortable place to sleep and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for the Saarlooswolfhond will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Saarlooswolfhonds.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂