More than fifty percent of the population allows their Pont-Audemer Spaniels to stay indoors and sleep on their sofa or in their owner’s bed. For those of you guys who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your Pont-Audemer Spaniel, here are our simple rules to follow when determining what type of shelter you want to provide for your Pont-Audemer Spaniel.
Building a Dog House for Your Pont-Audemer Spaniel: Size
1. You should begin your house building process by ensuring the house is large enough to fit your Pont-Audemer Spaniel’s potential adult size. Humans enjoy having around two feet of air overhead in a room in order to live without feeling boxed in. Your Pont-Audemer Spaniel will probably also appreciate having that much space. The comfort zone for both people and Pont-Audemer Spaniels is about 1/3 of their standing height. To figure out how much space the Pont-Audemer Spaniel will need get a tape measure and measure your Pont-Audemer Spaniel. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and most importantly measure the full dimension of the Pont-Audemer Spaniel when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Pont-Audemer Spaniel should be able to see out the front entrance when both sitting and standing. So the Pont-Audemer Spaniel will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his belly, make sure that door is high enough. Stand over the Pont-Audemer Spaniel and measure the breadth of the widest point of the Pont-Audemer Spaniel’s shoulders.
How to Build a Dog House for Your Pont-Audemer Spaniel: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to raise the dog house several inches from the ground to permit water and air to flow below. To dissuade pests from invading the dog house, and taking your Pont-Audemer Spaniel’s health into consideration, remember how vital fresh air is. Put in a few nickel-sized openings in the panels below the eaves. Install a wind block inside the house so the Pont-Audemer Spaniel can use the warmth of its own body to heat up the space if it is extremely cold or windy outside. Think about adding a partial panel which will permit your Pont-Audemer Spaniel to escape the inclement weather. Your animal can decide to just snooze in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved pet would probably appreciate having a pillow or some sort of bedding to sleep on.
Building a House for Your Pont-Audemer Spaniel: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain coming into the dog house make the floor just a little bit tilted in the direction of the door and build the roof a bit on an angle, as well. Make sure the house is well insulated but you should not paint the interior.
4. In America most storms come from the south and west so make sure the house is facing a different direction. Most dog house blueprints recommend that the house door faces east. The cold air will not be able to whip through the entrance then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Pont-Audemer Spaniel’s Dog House
5. It is suggested that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Pont-Audemer Spaniel a house. This makes it easier for you to clean your Pont-Audemer Spaniel’s house. You should clean your Pont-Audemer Spaniel’s house as frequently as you give your Pont-Audemer Spaniel a bath.
Pont-Audemer Spaniel Dog House: Conclusion
If your Pont-Audemer Spaniel lives outdoors then he needs to have a pleasant place to sleep and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for your Pont-Audemer Spaniel will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Pont-Audemer Spaniels.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂