Greater than 50% of owners allows their Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dogs to stay indoors and sleep on their couch or in the bed. For those of y’all who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog, to follow are our easy rules to follow when determining what type of house you want to provide for your Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog.
Building Your Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog a Dog House: Size
1. You should begin your dog house building process by making sure the house is large enough to accommodate your Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog’s potential adult size. As humans, we enjoy having approximately 2 feet of air above us in a room to live without feeling boxed in. The Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog will also appreciate having that much room. The comfort zone for both people and Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dogs is around thrity-three percent of their standing height. To calculate how much space the Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog will need get a tape measure and measure your Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog when he is in the most comfortable, relaxed and stretched out position he can get into. Your Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog should be able to gaze out the front door while both sitting and standing. So the Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his belly, make sure that door is tall enough. Stand above the Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog and measure the width of the widest point of the Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog’s shoulders.
How to Build a House for Your Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to raise the dog house several inches from the ground to allow water and air to flow underneath. To discourage pests from entering the dog house, and taking your Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog’s health into consideration, remember how important ventilation is. Install a few nickel-sized openings in the panels below the eaves. Put a wind block inside the dog house so the Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog can use the warmth of its own body to warm the space if it is extremely cold or windy outside. Think about adding a partial panel which will help your Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog to escape the inclement weather. Your Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog can choose to just sleep in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved pet would probably appreciate having a pillow or some sort of bedding to sleep on.
Building Your Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog a Dog House: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain coming into the house make the floor just a bit tilted in the direction of the entryway and build the roof a bit on an angle, as well. Ensure the house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In the United States most storms come from the west and south so make sure the dog house faces a different direction. Most house plans suggest that the dog house entryway faces east. The cold air will not be able to whip through the doorway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog’s Dog House
5. It’s suggested that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog a dog house. This makes it easier for you to empty your Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog’s home. You should empty out the Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog’s house as frequently as you give your Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog a bath.
Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog Dog House: Conclusion
If your Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog lives outside then he needs to have a suitable place to snooze and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these straightforward tips on building a dog house for the Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dog will help you start.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Phu Quoc Ridgeback Dogs.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂