Over fifty percent of people allows their Petit Bleu De Gascognes to live indoors and sleep on their sofa or in their owner’s bed. For those of you who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your Petit Bleu De Gascogne, to follow are our easy rules to follow when deciding what type of shelter you want to provide for your Petit Bleu De Gascogne.
How to Build Your Petit Bleu De Gascogne a Dog House: Size
1. You should start your house building process by making sure the house is big enough to fit your Petit Bleu De Gascogne’s potential mature size. Humans enjoy having approximately two feet of air overhead in a room in order to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Petit Bleu De Gascogne will also appreciate having that much space. The target zone for both people and Petit Bleu De Gascognes is approximately 33 percent of their standing height. To calculate how much room the Petit Bleu De Gascogne will need go get a ruler and measure your Petit Bleu De Gascogne. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the Petit Bleu De Gascogne when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Petit Bleu De Gascogne should be able to peer out the front door when both standing up and sitting. So the Petit Bleu De Gascogne will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his belly, make sure that entrance is high enough. Stand above the Petit Bleu De Gascogne and measure the breadth of the widest point of the animal’s shoulders.
How to Build a Dog House for Your Petit Bleu De Gascogne: Elevation
2. Remember to raise the house several inches from the ground to permit water and air to flow below. To discourage pests from entering the house, and taking your Petit Bleu De Gascogne’s health into consideration, remember how important ventilation is. Put in a few nickel-sized openings in the panels underneath the eaves. Put a wind block inside the house so the Petit Bleu De Gascogne can use the heat of its own body to heat the area if it is very cold or breezy outside. Consider adding a partial wall which will permit your Petit Bleu De Gascogne to escape the inclement weather. Your Petit Bleu De Gascogne can choose to just sleep in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved pet would probably love having a cushion or some sort of bedding to sleep on.
Building a Dog House for Your Petit Bleu De Gascogne: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain entering the dog house make the floor just a little bit angled in the direction of the opening and construct the roof a bit angled, as well. Make sure the house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In America most storms come from the south and west so make sure the dog house is facing a different direction. Most house blueprints suggest that the dog house entrance faces east. The cold air will not be able to whip through the opening then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Petit Bleu De Gascogne’s Dog House
5. It is recommended that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Petit Bleu De Gascogne a house. This makes it easier for you to clean your Petit Bleu De Gascogne’s house. You should clean out your Petit Bleu De Gascogne’s house as frequently as you give your Petit Bleu De Gascogne a bath.
Petit Bleu De Gascogne Dog House: Conclusion
If your Petit Bleu De Gascogne stays outdoors then he needs to have a suitable place to sleep and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these straightforward tips on building a dog house for the Petit Bleu De Gascogne will help you start.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Petit Bleu De Gascognes.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂