More than fifty percent of owners permit their Miniature Schnauzers to live indoors and sleep on their sofa or in their owner’s bed. For those of you all who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your Miniature Schnauzer, to follow are some simple rules to follow when deciding the type of shelter you want to build for your Miniature Schnauzer.
Building Your Miniature Schnauzer a Dog House: Size
1. You should start your house building process by ensuring the house is big enough to fit your Miniature Schnauzer’s potential mature size. As humans, we enjoy having around two feet of air overhead in a room in order to live without feeling boxed in. Your Miniature Schnauzer will probably also appreciate having that much room. The comfort zone for both humans and Miniature Schnauzers is about 1/3 of their standing height. To figure out how much space the Miniature Schnauzer will need go get a tape measure and measure your Miniature Schnauzer. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and especially measure the full dimension of the Miniature Schnauzer when he is in the most stretched out, comfortable, and relaxed position he can get into. Your Miniature Schnauzer should be able to peer out the front entrance when both standing up and sitting. So the Miniature Schnauzer will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his stomach, make sure that door is high enough. Stand over the Miniature Schnauzer and measure the breadth of the broadest point of the animal’s shoulders.
How to Build Your Miniature Schnauzer a Dog House: Elevation
2. Remember to elevate the house several inches from the ground to allow water and air to flow below. To dissuade pests from invading the dog house, and taking your Miniature Schnauzer’s health into consideration, remember how important fresh air is. Put in a few nickel-sized openings in the walls under the eaves. Put a wind block inside the house so the Miniature Schnauzer can use the warmth of its body to warm up the space if it is really cold or windy outside. Think about adding a partial wall which will allow your Miniature Schnauzer to escape the nasty weather. Your animal can decide to just snooze in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved Miniature Schnauzer would probably love having a pillow or some sort of bedding to snooze on.
Building Your Miniature Schnauzer a House: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain entering the house make the floor just a little bit angled in the direction of the door and construct the roof a little bit angled, as well. Ensure the dog house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the inside.
4. In America most storms come from the west and south so ensure the house is facing a different direction. Most dog house plans suggest that the house entryway faces east. The cold air will not be able to rush through the doorway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Miniature Schnauzer’s House
5. It’s suggested that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Miniature Schnauzer a house. This makes it simpler for you to clean out your Miniature Schnauzer’s home. You should clean the Miniature Schnauzer’s house as much as you give your Miniature Schnauzer a bath.
Miniature Schnauzer Dog House: Conclusion
If your Miniature Schnauzer lives outdoors then he deserves to have a pleasant place to snooze and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these easy tips on building a dog house for the Miniature Schnauzer will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Miniature Schnauzers.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂