Greater than 50% of people permit their Mahratta Greyhounds to stay indoors and sleep on the couch or in the owner’s bed. For those of you who are wondering how to build a dog house for your Mahratta Greyhound, to follow are our simple rules to follow when deciding the type of shelter you want to build for your Mahratta Greyhound.
Building Your Mahratta Greyhound a House: Size
1. You should begin your dog house building process by making sure the house is large enough to fit your Mahratta Greyhound’s potential adult size. People enjoy having approximately 2 feet of air above us in a room to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Mahratta Greyhound will probably also enjoy having that much room. The target zone for both people and Mahratta Greyhounds is around a third of their standing height. To calculate how much space the Mahratta Greyhound will need go get a ruler and measure your Mahratta Greyhound. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and most importantly measure the full dimension of the Mahratta Greyhound when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Mahratta Greyhound should be able to peer out the front door while both sitting and standing. So the Mahratta Greyhound won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his stomach, make sure that door is high enough. Stand above the Mahratta Greyhound and measure the width of the broadest point of the Mahratta Greyhound’s shoulders.
Building a House for Your Mahratta Greyhound: Elevation
2. Remember to raise the dog house several inches from the ground to permit air and water to flow below. To dissuade pests from entering the dog house, and taking your Mahratta Greyhound’s health into consideration, remember how vital ventilation is. Put in a few nickel-sized holes in the panels below the eaves. Put a wind block inside the house so the Mahratta Greyhound can use the heat of its body to warm the area if it is really cold or breezy outside. Think about adding a partial wall which will help your Mahratta Greyhound to escape the nasty weather. Your Mahratta Greyhound can decide to just snooze in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved Mahratta Greyhound would probably appreciate having a cushion or some sort of bedding to snooze on.
Building Your Mahratta Greyhound a Dog House: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain coming into the dog house make the floor just a bit tilted in the direction of the door and construct the roof a bit slanted, as well. Ensure the dog house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the inside.
4. In the US most storms come from the south and west so ensure the house is facing a different direction. Most dog house blueprints recommend that the dog house door faces east. The cold air won’t be able to rush through the doorway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Mahratta Greyhound’s Dog House
5. It’s recommended that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Mahratta Greyhound a house. This makes it simpler for you to clean your Mahratta Greyhound’s house. You should empty the Mahratta Greyhound’s house as frequently as you give your Mahratta Greyhound a bath.
Mahratta Greyhound Dog House: Conclusion
If your Mahratta Greyhound lives outdoors then he needs to have a pleasant place to sleep and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these easy tips on building a dog house for your Mahratta Greyhound will help you get going.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Mahratta Greyhounds.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂