More than 50% of the population allows their Kangal Dogs to stay inside and sleep on the sofa or in the owner’s bed. For those of you all who are interested in how to build a dog house for your Kangal Dog, here are our easy rules to follow when determining what type of house you want to build for your Kangal Dog.
How to Build Your Kangal Dog a House: Size
1. You should start your house building process by ensuring the house is big enough to fit your Kangal Dog’s potential adult size. People enjoy having about two feet of air above us in a room in order to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Kangal Dog will probably also enjoy having that much room. The target zone for both humans and Kangal Dogs is around a third of their standing height. To calculate how much space the Kangal Dog will need get out a tape measure and measure your Kangal Dog. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and most importantly measure the full dimension of the Kangal Dog when he is in the most comfortable, relaxed and stretched out position he can get into. Your Kangal Dog should be able to gaze out the front door when both standing up and sitting. So the Kangal Dog won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his stomach, make sure that entrance is tall enough. Stand over the Kangal Dog and measure the width of the broadest point of the Kangal Dog’s shoulders.
How to Build a Dog House for Your Kangal Dog: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to elevate the dog house several inches from the ground to allow water and air to flow underneath. To discourage bugs from entering the house, and taking your Kangal Dog’s health into consideration, remember how important ventilation is. Install a few nickel-sized openings in the panels underneath the eaves. Install a wind block inside the house so the Kangal Dog can use the warmth of its own body to heat up the space if it is very cold or breezy outside. Consider adding a partial wall which will allow your Kangal Dog to escape the nasty weather. Your animal can choose to just sleep in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved Kangal Dog would probably appreciate having a pillow or some sort of bedding to snooze on.
Building a House for Your Kangal Dog: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain coming into the house make the floor just a little bit angled in the direction of the doorway and build the roof a little bit angled, as well. Ensure the house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the interior.
4. In the United States most storms come from the south and west so ensure the dog house faces a different direction. Most dog house blueprints suggest that the house entrance faces east. The cold air will not be able to whip through the doorway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Kangal Dog’s Dog House
5. It’s recommended that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Kangal Dog a dog house. This makes it easier for you to clean out your Kangal Dog’s home. You should empty out the Kangal Dog’s house as much as you give your Kangal Dog a bath.
Kangal Dog Dog House: Conclusion
If your Kangal Dog lives outside then he needs to have a suitable place to snooze and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these easy tips on building a dog house for the Kangal Dog will help you get going.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Kangal Dogs.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂