More than 50 percent of people permit their Galgo Espanols to live indoors and sleep on the sofa or in the bed. For those of you guys who are interested in how to build a dog house for your Galgo Espanol, following are our easy rules to follow when deciding the type of shelter you want to build for your Galgo Espanol.
How to Build a House for Your Galgo Espanol: Size
1. You should start your dog house building process by making sure the house is large enough to accommodate your Galgo Espanol’s potential mature size. As humans, we enjoy having about two feet of air above us in a room in order to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Galgo Espanol will probably also enjoy having that much space. The target zone for both humans and Galgo Espanols is about 33% of their standing height. To figure out how much space the Galgo Espanol will need get a tape measure and measure your Galgo Espanol. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and especially measure the full dimension of the Galgo Espanol when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Galgo Espanol should be able to see out the front entrance while both standing up and sitting. So the Galgo Espanol won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his stomach, make sure that door is high enough. Stand above the Galgo Espanol and measure the width of the broadest point of the animal’s shoulders.
How to Build Your Galgo Espanol a House: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to raise the dog house several inches from the ground to permit water and air to flow underneath. To discourage pests from invading the dog house, and taking your Galgo Espanol’s health into consideration, remember how important fresh air is. Install a few nickel-sized openings in the panels under the eaves. Put a wind block inside the house so the Galgo Espanol can use the warmth of its body to warm up the area if it is really cold or breezy outside. Think about adding a partial panel which will help your Galgo Espanol to escape the inclement weather. Your animal can decide to just snooze in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved pet would probably love having a pillow or some sort of bedding to sleep on.
Building Your Galgo Espanol a Dog House: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain coming into the dog house make the floor just a bit slanted in the direction of the door and construct the roof a bit on an angle, as well. Ensure the house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the inside.
4. In the United States most storms come from the south and west so make sure the house is facing a different direction. Most house plans suggest that the dog house door faces east. The cold air will not be able to whip through the entryway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Galgo Espanol’s House
5. It’s suggested that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Galgo Espanol a dog house. This makes it simpler for you to empty out your Galgo Espanol’s house. You should empty out the Galgo Espanol’s house as much as you give your Galgo Espanol a bath.
Galgo Espanol Dog House: Conclusion
If your Galgo Espanol lives outside then he deserves to have a pleasant place to sleep and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for your Galgo Espanol will help you get going.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Galgo Espanols.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂