More than 50% of the population permit their Coton De Tulears to live inside and sleep on their sofa or in the owner’s bed. For those of you all who are wondering how to build a dog house for your Coton De Tulear, following are some simple rules to follow when figuring out what type of shelter you want to build for your Coton De Tulear.
How to Build Your Coton De Tulear a House: Size
1. You should begin your dog house building process by making sure the house is large enough to fit your Coton De Tulear’s potential adult size. Humans enjoy having around 2 feet of air overhead in a room to live without feeling claustrophobic. Your Coton De Tulear will also appreciate having that much space. The target zone for both people and Coton De Tulears is about 33 percent of their standing height. To figure out how much room the Coton De Tulear will need go get a tape measure and measure your Coton De Tulear. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and most importantly measure the full dimension of the Coton De Tulear when he is in the most comfortable, relaxed and stretched out position he can get into. Your Coton De Tulear should be able to look out the front entrance when both sitting and standing. So the Coton De Tulear won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his stomach, make sure that entrance is high enough. Stand over the Coton De Tulear and measure the width of the widest point of the animal’s shoulders.
How to Build Your Coton De Tulear a House: Elevation
2. Remember to raise the dog house several inches from the ground to allow air and water to flow underneath. To dissuade bugs from invading the house, and taking your Coton De Tulear’s health into consideration, remember how important air circulation is. Install a few nickel-sized holes in the walls underneath the eaves. Put a wind block inside the house so the Coton De Tulear can use the heat of its own body to warm up the area if it is very cold or windy outside. Consider adding a partial panel which will allow your Coton De Tulear to escape the bad weather. Your animal can choose to just snooze in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved pet would probably love having a pillow or some sort of bedding to sleep on.
Building a House for Your Coton De Tulear: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain entering the dog house make the floor just a little bit angled in the direction of the entryway and construct the roof a bit on an angle, as well. Make sure the dog house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the inside.
4. In America most storms come from the west and south so ensure the dog house is facing a different direction. Most house plans suggest that the house entrance faces east. The cold air won’t be able to rush through the doorway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Coton De Tulear’s House
5. It is recommended that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Coton De Tulear a dog house. This makes it simpler for you to clean your Coton De Tulear’s home. You should empty your Coton De Tulear’s house as often as you give your Coton De Tulear a bath.
Coton De Tulear Dog House: Conclusion
If your Coton De Tulear stays outdoors then he needs to have a comfortable place to sleep and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these easy tips on building a dog house for the Coton De Tulear will help you start.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Coton De Tulears.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂