Over 50% of people allows their Chinese Chongqing Dogs to stay inside and sleep on the couch or in their owner’s bed. For those of you who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your Chinese Chongqing Dog, following are our easy rules to follow when figuring out what type of shelter you want to provide for your Chinese Chongqing Dog.
Building a Dog House for Your Chinese Chongqing Dog: Size
1. You should begin your dog house building process by making sure the house is big enough to accommodate your Chinese Chongqing Dog’s potential adult size. Humans enjoy having approximately 2 feet of air overhead in a room to live without feeling claustrophobic. Your Chinese Chongqing Dog will probably also enjoy having that much room. The comfort zone for both humans and Chinese Chongqing Dogs is around 33% of their standing height. To calculate how much space the Chinese Chongqing Dog will need get out a tape measure and measure your Chinese Chongqing Dog. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the Chinese Chongqing Dog when he is in the most comfortable, relaxed and stretched out position he can get into. Your Chinese Chongqing Dog should be able to look out the front door while both standing up and sitting. So the Chinese Chongqing Dog will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his belly, make sure that door is tall enough. Stand over the Chinese Chongqing Dog and measure the breadth of the widest point of the animal’s shoulders.
Building a Dog House for Your Chinese Chongqing Dog: Elevation
2. Remember to raise the house several inches from the ground to allow water and air to flow below. To discourage pests from entering the dog house, and taking your Chinese Chongqing Dog’s health into consideration, remember how important air circulation is. Put in a few nickel-sized openings in the walls below the eaves. Put a wind block inside the dog house so the Chinese Chongqing Dog can use the warmth of its own body to warm up the area if it is very cold or windy outside. Consider adding a partial panel which will allow your Chinese Chongqing Dog to escape the nasty weather. Your animal can choose to just snooze in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved Chinese Chongqing Dog would probably appreciate having a cushion or some sort of bedding to snooze on.
How to Build a Dog House for Your Chinese Chongqing Dog: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain entering the dog house make the floor just a little bit angled in the direction of the entryway and build the roof a bit angled, as well. Make sure the dog house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In the United States most storms come from the west and south so make sure the dog house faces a different direction. Most dog house plans recommend that the house door faces east. The cold air won’t be able to rush through the entryway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Chinese Chongqing Dog’s House
5. It’s recommended that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Chinese Chongqing Dog a house. This makes it simpler for you to empty out your Chinese Chongqing Dog’s home. You should clean out the Chinese Chongqing Dog’s house as frequently as you give your Chinese Chongqing Dog a bath.
Chinese Chongqing Dog Dog House: Conclusion
If your Chinese Chongqing Dog lives outside then he deserves to have a suitable place to sleep and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these easy tips on building a dog house for the Chinese Chongqing Dog will help you get started.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Chinese Chongqing Dogs.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂