More than fifty percent of people permit their Burgos Pointers to stay inside and sleep on their sofa or in the bed. For those of you all who are wondering how to build a dog house for your Burgos Pointer, following are our easy rules to follow when deciding the type of house you want to provide for your Burgos Pointer.
How to Build Your Burgos Pointer a House: Size
1. You should begin your dog house building process by making sure the house is large enough to fit your Burgos Pointer’s potential mature size. People enjoy having approximately two feet of air above us in a room in order to live without feeling boxed in. The Burgos Pointer will also enjoy having that much room. The target zone for both humans and Burgos Pointers is about thrity-three percent of their standing height. To figure out how much space the Burgos Pointer will need get a measuring tape and measure your Burgos Pointer. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and most importantly measure the full dimension of the Burgos Pointer when he is in the most comfortable, relaxed and stretched out position he can get into. Your Burgos Pointer should be able to see out the front door while both standing up and sitting. So the Burgos Pointer won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his stomach, make sure that door is high enough. Stand above the Burgos Pointer and measure the breadth of the broadest point of the Burgos Pointer’s shoulders.
How to Build Your Burgos Pointer a Dog House: Elevation
2. Remember to elevate the house several inches from the ground to allow air and water to flow below. To dissuade pests from invading the dog house, and taking your Burgos Pointer’s health into consideration, remember how important fresh air is. Install a few nickel-sized openings in the panels below the eaves. Install a wind block inside the dog house so the Burgos Pointer can use the heat of its body to heat the area if it is very cold or breezy outside. Think about adding a partial wall which will help your Burgos Pointer to escape the unpleasant weather. Your animal can choose to just sleep in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved pet would probably appreciate having a pillow or some sort of pallet to sleep on.
Building Your Burgos Pointer a Dog House: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain entering the house make the floor just a bit tilted toward the opening and build the roof a little bit angled, as well. Make sure the house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the inside.
4. In America most storms come from the south and west so make sure the house is facing a different direction. Most house blueprints recommend that the house doorway faces east. The cold air won’t be able to rush through the entrance then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Burgos Pointer’s Dog House
5. It’s suggested that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Burgos Pointer a house. This makes it easier for you to empty out your Burgos Pointer’s house. You should clean the Burgos Pointer’s house as much as you give your Burgos Pointer a bath.
Burgos Pointer Dog House: Conclusion
If your Burgos Pointer stays outside then he needs to have a comfortable place to sleep and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these easy tips on building a dog house for the Burgos Pointer will help you get started.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Burgos Pointers.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂