Greater than 50 percent of owners allows their Braque Saint-Germains to live inside and sleep on their sofa or in the bed. For those of you who are wondering how to build a dog house for your Braque Saint-Germain, below are our easy rules to follow when deciding what type of house you want to provide for your Braque Saint-Germain.
How to Build a Dog House for Your Braque Saint-Germain: Size
1. You should start your house building process by making sure the house is big enough to fit your Braque Saint-Germain’s potential adult size. As humans, we enjoy having around 2 feet of air above us in a room to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Braque Saint-Germain will probably also appreciate having that much space. The target zone for both humans and Braque Saint-Germains is about 33% of their standing height. To calculate how much space the Braque Saint-Germain will need get a measuring tape and measure your Braque Saint-Germain. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the Braque Saint-Germain when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Braque Saint-Germain should be able to gaze out the front door while both standing up and sitting. So the Braque Saint-Germain will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his stomach, make sure that entrance is tall enough. Stand above the Braque Saint-Germain and measure the breadth of the widest point of the animal’s shoulders.
How to Build Your Braque Saint-Germain a House: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to raise the dog house several inches from the ground to permit air and water to flow underneath. To dissuade bugs from entering the house, and taking your Braque Saint-Germain’s health into consideration, remember how vital ventilation is. Put in a few nickel-sized openings in the walls underneath the eaves. Install a wind block inside the dog house so the Braque Saint-Germain can use the heat of its own body to warm the area if it is very cold or windy outside. Think about adding a partial wall which will help your Braque Saint-Germain to escape the nasty weather. Your animal can decide to just sleep in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved pet would probably love having a cushion or some sort of bedding to snooze on.
How to Build a Dog House for Your Braque Saint-Germain: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain entering the house make the floor just a little bit slanted in the direction of the door and build the roof a little bit on an angle, as well. Make sure the house is well insulated but you should not paint the interior.
4. In the US most storms come from the south and west so make sure the dog house is facing a different direction. Most dog house blueprints recommend that the house opening faces east. The cold air won’t be able to whip through the door then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Braque Saint-Germain’s House
5. It is suggested that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Braque Saint-Germain a dog house. This makes it simpler for you to clean out your Braque Saint-Germain’s home. You should clean your Braque Saint-Germain’s house as much as you give your Braque Saint-Germain a bath.
Braque Saint-Germain Dog House: Conclusion
If your Braque Saint-Germain stays outdoors then he deserves to have a suitable place to sleep and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for the Braque Saint-Germain will help you get going.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Braque Saint-Germains.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂