Over 50 percent of people permit their Appenzeller Sennenhunds to live inside and sleep on the sofa or in the bed. For those of you all who are wondering how to build a dog house for your Appenzeller Sennenhund, to follow are some simple rules to follow when figuring out what type of house you want to provide for your Appenzeller Sennenhund.
How to Build Your Appenzeller Sennenhund a Dog House: Size
1. You should begin your house building process by making sure the house is big enough to fit your Appenzeller Sennenhund’s potential adult size. We enjoy having around two feet of air overhead in a room to live without feeling boxed in. Your Appenzeller Sennenhund will also enjoy having that much space. The target zone for both people and Appenzeller Sennenhunds is around 33% of their standing height. To figure out how much room the Appenzeller Sennenhund will need go get a measuring tape and measure your Appenzeller Sennenhund. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and most importantly measure the full dimension of the Appenzeller Sennenhund when he is in the most stretched out, comfortable, and relaxed position he can get into. Your Appenzeller Sennenhund should be able to see out the front door when both sitting and standing. So the Appenzeller Sennenhund will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his stomach, make sure that entrance is tall enough. Stand above the Appenzeller Sennenhund and measure the breadth of the broadest point of the animal’s shoulders.
How to Build a House for Your Appenzeller Sennenhund: Elevation
2. Remember to raise the dog house several inches from the ground to allow water and air to flow below. To dissuade bugs from invading the house, and taking your Appenzeller Sennenhund’s health into consideration, remember how important air circulation is. Install a few nickel-sized holes in the walls underneath the eaves. Install a wind block inside the dog house so the Appenzeller Sennenhund can use the warmth of its body to warm up the area if it is very cold or windy outside. Think about adding a partial panel which will permit your Appenzeller Sennenhund to escape the nasty weather. Your Appenzeller Sennenhund can decide to just snooze in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved Appenzeller Sennenhund would probably love having a cushion or some sort of bedding to sleep on.
How to Build a Dog House for Your Appenzeller Sennenhund: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain entering the house make the floor just a bit slanted in the direction of the entryway and build the roof a bit angled, as well. Make sure the house is well insulated but you should not paint the interior.
4. In America most storms come from the west and south so make sure the house faces a different direction. Most house blueprints recommend that the dog house entryway faces east. The cold air won’t be able to whip through the door then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Appenzeller Sennenhund’s House
5. It’s suggested that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Appenzeller Sennenhund a dog house. This makes it simpler for you to clean your Appenzeller Sennenhund’s house. You should empty the Appenzeller Sennenhund’s house as frequently as you give your Appenzeller Sennenhund a bath.
Appenzeller Sennenhund Dog House: Conclusion
If your Appenzeller Sennenhund lives outdoors then he needs to have a suitable place to snooze and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for the Appenzeller Sennenhund will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Appenzeller Sennenhunds.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂