Greater than fifty percent of people permit their Anatolian Shepherd Dogs to stay inside and sleep on the couch or in the bed. For those of y’all who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your Anatolian Shepherd Dog, to follow are some simple rules to follow when determining the type of shelter you want to build for your Anatolian Shepherd Dog.
Building a House for Your Anatolian Shepherd Dog: Size
1. You should begin your dog house building process by making sure the house is large enough to accommodate your Anatolian Shepherd Dog’s potential adult size. As humans, we enjoy having around 2 feet of air above us in a room in order to live without feeling claustrophobic. Your Anatolian Shepherd Dog will also enjoy having that much room. The comfort zone for both humans and Anatolian Shepherd Dogs is approximately 33% of their standing height. To calculate how much room the Anatolian Shepherd Dog will need get a measuring tape and measure your Anatolian Shepherd Dog. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the Anatolian Shepherd Dog when he is in the most comfortable, relaxed and stretched out position he can get into. Your Anatolian Shepherd Dog should be able to look out the front entrance when both standing up and sitting. So the Anatolian Shepherd Dog won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his tummy, make sure that entrance is tall enough. Stand above the Anatolian Shepherd Dog and measure the breadth of the broadest point of the Anatolian Shepherd Dog’s shoulders.
How to Build Your Anatolian Shepherd Dog a Dog House: Elevation
2. Remember to raise the house several inches from the ground to allow air and water to flow below. To dissuade pests from invading the dog house, and taking your Anatolian Shepherd Dog’s health into consideration, remember how vital air circulation is. Install a few nickel-sized holes in the walls below the eaves. Install a wind block inside the house so the Anatolian Shepherd Dog can use the heat of its own body to warm up the space if it is really cold or windy outside. Consider adding a partial wall which will allow your Anatolian Shepherd Dog to escape the bad weather. Your Anatolian Shepherd Dog can decide to just sleep in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved Anatolian Shepherd Dog would probably love having a cushion or some sort of pallet to snooze on.
How to Build a House for Your Anatolian Shepherd Dog: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain coming into the house make the floor just a little bit angled in the direction of the door and build the roof a little bit slanted, as well. Make sure the house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the inside.
4. In the US most storms come from the west and south so make sure the house faces a different direction. Most house plans recommend that the house doorway faces east. The cold air won’t be able to rush through the entrance then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Anatolian Shepherd Dog’s Dog House
5. It’s recommended that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Anatolian Shepherd Dog a house. This makes it easier for you to clean out your Anatolian Shepherd Dog’s house. You should clean your Anatolian Shepherd Dog’s house as often as you give your Anatolian Shepherd Dog a bath.
Anatolian Shepherd Dog Dog House: Conclusion
If your Anatolian Shepherd Dog stays outdoors then he deserves to have a comfortable place to sleep and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these easy tips on building a dog house for your Anatolian Shepherd Dog will help you start.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Anatolian Shepherd Dogs.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂