More than 50 percent of owners allows their Formosan Mountain Dogs to live indoors and sleep on their couch or in the bed. For those of you all who are interested in how to build a dog house for your Formosan Mountain Dog, to follow are our easy rules to follow when considering what type of house you want to build for your Formosan Mountain Dog.
Building a Dog House for Your Formosan Mountain Dog: Size
1. You should begin your house building process by ensuring the house is large enough to accommodate your Formosan Mountain Dog’s potential mature size. Humans enjoy having approximately two feet of air above us in a room in order to live without feeling boxed in. Your Formosan Mountain Dog will also enjoy having that much space. The comfort zone for both people and Formosan Mountain Dogs is around a third of their standing height. To figure out how much space the Formosan Mountain Dog will need get a ruler and measure your Formosan Mountain Dog. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and most importantly measure the full dimension of the Formosan Mountain Dog when he is in the most comfortable, relaxed and stretched out position he can get into. Your Formosan Mountain Dog should be able to see out the front entrance when both sitting and standing. So the Formosan Mountain Dog won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his stomach, make sure that entrance is tall enough. Stand above the Formosan Mountain Dog and measure the breadth of the broadest point of the Formosan Mountain Dog’s shoulders.
How to Build a House for Your Formosan Mountain Dog: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to elevate the house several inches from the ground to allow air and water to flow below. To dissuade bugs from entering the dog house, and taking your Formosan Mountain Dog’s health into consideration, remember how important air circulation is. Put in a few nickel-sized openings in the walls below the eaves. Install a wind block inside the house so the Formosan Mountain Dog can use the warmth of its own body to warm up the area if it is really cold or breezy outside. Consider adding a partial wall which will allow your Formosan Mountain Dog to escape the nasty weather. Your animal can choose to just sleep in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved Formosan Mountain Dog would probably love having a pillow or some sort of bedding to sleep on.
How to Build Your Formosan Mountain Dog a Dog House: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain entering the dog house make the floor just a little bit angled toward the door and construct the roof a bit angled, as well. Make sure the house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the interior.
4. In America most storms come from the south and west so make sure the dog house is facing a different direction. Most house blueprints recommend that the house entrance faces east. The cold air won’t be able to rush through the entryway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Formosan Mountain Dog’s Dog House
5. It is suggested that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Formosan Mountain Dog a house. This makes it easier for you to clean out your Formosan Mountain Dog’s house. You should empty out the Formosan Mountain Dog’s house as frequently as you give your Formosan Mountain Dog a bath.
Formosan Mountain Dog Dog House: Conclusion
If your Formosan Mountain Dog stays outdoors then he deserves to have a comfortable place to snooze and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these straightforward tips on building a dog house for your Formosan Mountain Dog will help you get going.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Formosan Mountain Dogs.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂