Greater than 50 percent of people allows their Armants to stay indoors and sleep on their sofa or in their owner’s bed. For those of you guys who are wondering how to build a dog house for your Armant, below are our simple rules to follow when considering the type of house you want to provide for your Armant.
Building Your Armant a Dog House: Size
1. You should start your dog house building process by ensuring the house is big enough to accommodate your Armant’s potential mature size. We enjoy having approximately two feet of air overhead in a room to live without feeling claustrophobic. Your Armant will probably also enjoy having that much room. The target zone for both people and Armants is approximately 1/3 of their standing height. To calculate how much room the Armant will need get out a tape measure and measure your Armant. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and especially measure the full dimension of the Armant when he is in the most stretched out, comfortable, and relaxed position he can get into. Your Armant should be able to look out the front entrance while both sitting and standing. So the Armant will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his belly, make sure that door is tall enough. Stand above the Armant and measure the width of the broadest point of the Armant’s shoulders.
Building a House for Your Armant: Elevation
2. Remember to raise the dog house several inches from the ground to allow air and water to flow below. To discourage pests from invading the house, and taking your Armant’s health into consideration, remember how important air circulation is. Install a few nickel-sized holes in the panels under the eaves. Install a wind block inside the house so the Armant can use the warmth of its body to heat up the space if it is extremely cold or windy outside. Consider adding a partial wall which will help your Armant to escape the nasty weather. Your animal can choose to just snooze in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved pet would probably appreciate having a pillow or some sort of bedding to sleep on.
Building Your Armant a Dog House: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain entering the dog house make the floor just a little bit tilted in the direction of the door and construct the roof a bit slanted, as well. Ensure the dog house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the inside.
4. In America most storms come from the south and west so make sure the dog house faces a different direction. Most dog house plans recommend that the house door faces east. The cold air will not be able to whip through the entryway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Armant’s House
5. It’s suggested that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Armant a dog house. This makes it simpler for you to empty your Armant’s house. You should clean your Armant’s house as often as you give your Armant a bath.
Armant Dog House: Conclusion
If your Armant stays outside then he deserves to have a comfortable place to sleep and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these easy tips on building a dog house for the Armant will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Armants.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂