More than 50 percent of the population permit their Rajapalayams to live inside and sleep on their sofa or in the bed. For those of you all who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your Rajapalayam, to follow are our simple rules to follow when considering what type of house you want to build for your Rajapalayam.
How to Build Your Rajapalayam a Dog House: Size
1. You should start your dog house building process by ensuring the house is big enough to accommodate your Rajapalayam’s potential mature size. We enjoy having approximately two feet of air overhead in a room in order to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Rajapalayam will probably also appreciate having that much space. The target zone for both humans and Rajapalayams is approximately thrity-three percent of their standing height. To figure out how much room the Rajapalayam will need go get a tape measure and measure your Rajapalayam. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and most importantly measure the full dimension of the Rajapalayam when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Rajapalayam should be able to gaze out the front entrance when both sitting and standing. So the Rajapalayam will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his stomach, make sure that door is tall enough. Stand above the Rajapalayam and measure the width of the broadest point of the Rajapalayam’s shoulders.
Building Your Rajapalayam a Dog House: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to raise the house several inches from the ground to allow air and water to flow underneath. To dissuade pests from entering the dog house, and taking your Rajapalayam’s health into consideration, remember how important ventilation is. Put in a few nickel-sized openings in the panels underneath the eaves. Install a wind block inside the dog house so the Rajapalayam can use the warmth of its own body to heat up the space if it is extremely cold or windy outside. Consider adding a partial wall which will allow your Rajapalayam to escape the nasty weather. Your Rajapalayam can decide to just snooze in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved pet would probably love having a cushion or some sort of pallet to snooze on.
Building a House for Your Rajapalayam: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain entering the house make the floor just a little bit tilted in the direction of the entrance and build the roof a little bit angled, as well. Ensure the dog house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In the United States most storms come from the west and south so make sure the house faces a different direction. Most house blueprints recommend that the house entrance faces east. The cold air won’t be able to whip through the opening then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Rajapalayam’s House
5. It is suggested that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Rajapalayam a dog house. This makes it easier for you to empty your Rajapalayam’s home. You should clean out the Rajapalayam’s house as much as you give your Rajapalayam a bath.
Rajapalayam Dog House: Conclusion
If your Rajapalayam stays outdoors then he deserves to have a comfortable place to sleep and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for your Rajapalayam will help you get going.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Rajapalayams.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂