Greater than 50% of the population permit their Kyi-Leos to stay indoors and sleep on their couch or in the bed. For those of you all who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your Kyi-Leo, following are our simple rules to follow when figuring out the type of house you want to provide for your Kyi-Leo.
How to Build Your Kyi-Leo a Dog House: Size
1. You should start your dog house building process by ensuring the house is large enough to fit your Kyi-Leo’s potential adult size. People enjoy having about two feet of air overhead in a room in order to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Kyi-Leo will probably also appreciate having that much space. The target zone for both people and Kyi-Leos is around 1/3 of their standing height. To figure out how much space the Kyi-Leo will need get a ruler and measure your Kyi-Leo. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the Kyi-Leo when he is in the most comfortable, relaxed and stretched out position he can get into. Your Kyi-Leo should be able to see out the front entrance while both standing up and sitting. So the Kyi-Leo will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his belly, make sure that entrance is high enough. Stand above the Kyi-Leo and measure the width of the broadest point of the Kyi-Leo’s shoulders.
Building Your Kyi-Leo a House: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to raise the house several inches from the ground to permit air and water to flow underneath. To discourage bugs from entering the dog house, and taking your Kyi-Leo’s health into consideration, remember how important ventilation is. Put in a few nickel-sized holes in the walls under the eaves. Install a wind block inside the dog house so the Kyi-Leo can use the heat of its own body to heat the space if it is extremely cold or windy outside. Think about adding a partial panel which will allow your Kyi-Leo to escape the unpleasant weather. Your Kyi-Leo can decide to just snooze in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved Kyi-Leo would probably appreciate having a cushion or some sort of bedding to snooze on.
How to Build a House for Your Kyi-Leo: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain entering the house make the floor just a bit slanted toward the opening and build the roof a little bit on an angle, as well. Make sure the dog house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In the US most storms come from the south and west so ensure the house faces a different direction. Most house plans suggest that the house opening faces east. The cold air will not be able to whip through the opening then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Kyi-Leo’s Dog House
5. It’s recommended that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Kyi-Leo a dog house. This makes it simpler for you to empty out your Kyi-Leo’s house. You should empty out your Kyi-Leo’s house as often as you give your Kyi-Leo a bath.
Kyi-Leo Dog House: Conclusion
If your Kyi-Leo stays outside then he needs to have a comfortable place to snooze and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these straightforward tips on building a dog house for the Kyi-Leo will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Kyi-Leos.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂