Greater than 50% of owners allows their English White Terriers to live indoors and sleep on the couch or in the owner’s bed. For those of you guys who are wondering how to build a dog house for your English White Terrier, below are some simple rules to follow when figuring out what type of shelter you want to build for your English White Terrier.
How to Build a Dog House for Your English White Terrier: Size
1. You should start your dog house building process by ensuring the house is big enough to fit your English White Terrier’s potential adult size. We enjoy having around two feet of air overhead in a room to live without feeling boxed in. The English White Terrier will also appreciate having that much room. The target zone for both people and English White Terriers is approximately 33% of their standing height. To figure out how much space the English White Terrier will need go get a tape measure and measure your English White Terrier. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and most importantly measure the full dimension of the English White Terrier when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your English White Terrier should be able to see out the front entrance when both sitting and standing. So the English White Terrier won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his stomach, make sure that door is tall enough. Stand above the English White Terrier and measure the breadth of the broadest point of the animal’s shoulders.
Building Your English White Terrier a House: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to elevate the house several inches from the ground to permit water and air to flow below. To dissuade pests from invading the dog house, and taking your English White Terrier’s health into consideration, remember how important ventilation is. Put in a few nickel-sized openings in the panels below the eaves. Install a wind block inside the dog house so the English White Terrier can use the warmth of its own body to heat the area if it is very cold or breezy outside. Consider adding a partial panel which will permit your English White Terrier to escape the inclement weather. Your English White Terrier can choose to just sleep in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved English White Terrier would probably love having a cushion or some sort of pallet to snooze on.
Building a Dog House for Your English White Terrier: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain coming into the house make the floor just a bit angled toward the entrance and build the roof a bit on an angle, as well. Ensure the house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the interior.
4. In the United States most storms come from the south and west so ensure the dog house is facing a different direction. Most dog house blueprints recommend that the dog house opening faces east. The cold air won’t be able to rush through the entryway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your English White Terrier’s Dog House
5. It is suggested that you put hinges on the roof when you build your English White Terrier a house. This makes it easier for you to clean your English White Terrier’s house. You should clean out your English White Terrier’s house as much as you give your English White Terrier a bath.
English White Terrier Dog House: Conclusion
If your English White Terrier stays outdoors then he deserves to have a suitable place to snooze and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for the English White Terrier will help you get going.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about English White Terriers.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂