Greater than 50 percent of owners allows their Elos to live inside and sleep on their couch or in the owner’s bed. For those of you who are wondering how to build a dog house for your Elo, to follow are some simple rules to follow when determining what type of shelter you want to build for your Elo.
Building Your Elo a Dog House: Size
1. You should start your house building process by making sure the house is big enough to fit your Elo’s potential mature size. Humans enjoy having approximately 2 feet of air above us in a room in order to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Elo will also appreciate having that much space. The comfort zone for both people and Elos is approximately a third of their standing height. To calculate how much room the Elo will need get a measuring tape and measure your Elo. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and most importantly measure the full dimension of the Elo when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Elo should be able to gaze out the front entrance when both sitting and standing. So the Elo won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or scrape his tummy, make sure that door is high enough. Stand over the Elo and measure the width of the broadest point of the Elo’s shoulders.
Building Your Elo a House: Elevation
2. Remember to raise the dog house several inches from the ground to allow air and water to flow underneath. To discourage pests from invading the house, and taking your Elo’s health into consideration, remember how vital ventilation is. Install a few nickel-sized holes in the panels underneath the eaves. Install a wind block inside the dog house so the Elo can use the warmth of its own body to heat up the space if it is extremely cold or breezy outside. Think about adding a partial panel which will permit your Elo to escape the nasty weather. Your Elo can choose to just snooze in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved pet would probably appreciate having a pillow or some sort of pallet to sleep on.
How to Build a House for Your Elo: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain entering the house make the floor just a little bit slanted toward the doorway and build the roof a little bit on an angle, as well. Ensure the house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In the United States most storms come from the west and south so make sure the house faces a different direction. Most house plans suggest that the house entryway faces east. The cold air won’t be able to rush through the doorway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Elo’s House
5. It is recommended that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Elo a dog house. This makes it simpler for you to clean out your Elo’s home. You should empty out the Elo’s house as often as you give your Elo a bath.
Elo Dog House: Conclusion
If your Elo stays outdoors then he deserves to have a pleasant place to sleep and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these simple tips on building a dog house for your Elo will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Elos.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂