Training Istrian Coarse-Haired Hounds is quite easy. It just takes a little dedication, patience along with these simple tricks and you’ll break them in successfully.
Here we share 5 Top Tips for how you can teach a Istrian Coarse-Haired Hound successfully:
1. In order to prevent the Istrian Coarse-Haired Hound from getting confused and in order that they will be able to recognize commands easily only one individual should be responsible for training the Istrian Coarse-Haired Hound at first. In instances where too many individuals attempt to train your Istrian Coarse-Haired Hound simultaneously it will halt the process.
2. Trainers must use positive feedback. Once a Istrian Coarse-Haired Hound obeys, you must praise the action so he can understand that what he did was welcomed. If your Istrian Coarse-Haired Hound does not understand and follow your commands, don’t berate him. Istrian Coarse-Haired Hounds are not as smart as humans, they take longer to learn. What you should accept is that a Istrian Coarse-Haired Hound won’t readily obey your commands in only 1 session, it takes repetition to break in the Istrian Coarse-Haired Hound . Don’t punish your Istrian Coarse-Haired Hound as he may develop nervousness which might hinder his learning and ability to be taught. Trainers might use treats or snacks to praise your Istrian Coarse-Haired Hound, although do not take it too far.
3. Teach skills 1 at a time. Make sure to train him on 1 command after the other. If he won’t absorb it, just stay on that lesson only because piling on other instructions might just confuse the Istrian Coarse-Haired Hound. Have faith in the fundamentals.
4. When you are giving skills, keep your voice pleasant so that the Istrian Coarse-Haired Hound will cheerfully follow the instructions. Istrian Coarse-Haired Hounds respond best to a low and confident voice. If you shout out loud, he may become nervous and fearful.
5. Train a Istrian Coarse-Haired Hound in various spaces. When you keep a Istrian Coarse-Haired Hound in 1 certain space like your house, he will not be able to adapt to a new locale with different people. Take him to your park or through the neighborhood. This can assist your Istrian Coarse-Haired Hound get used to other breeds and people.
Training The Istrian Coarse-Haired Hound: Conclusion
Breaking in the Istrian Coarse-Haired Hound can often be difficult, however it’ll always be worth it. The bottom line is, you will be the lucky one when your Istrian Coarse-Haired Hound is broken in. You never know, he might even save your life in the future and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Istrian Coarse-Haired Hounds
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂