Training Bearded Collies is very easy. All that’s required is patience, dedication coupled with 5 easy to learn techniques and you will teach them successfully.
Below we share 5 Super Suggestions on how you can break in a Bearded Collie with great results:
1. In order to avoid a Bearded Collie from becoming unsure and in order that they can learn to recognize orders easily just a single person should be responsible for training your Bearded Collie starting out. In instances where too many folks try to train your Bearded Collie simultaneously this can stop progress.
2. Trainers must utilize positive reinforcements and feedback. If the Bearded Collie listens, you must reward this behavior so that he will realize that what he did was good. If your Bearded Collie will not understand or follow instructions, don’t scold him. Bearded Collies aren’t as smart as humans, they make errors. What you have to realize is that your Bearded Collie won’t easily follow your commands in the first teaching, it takes repetition to break in the Bearded Collie . Don’t berate a Bearded Collie as he may develop nervousness which can stunt his learning and readiness to be taught. Trainers should give them snacks or food to encourage the Bearded Collie, but definitely you don’t want to take it too far.
3. Teach commands 1 at a time. Try to train him on 1 order after the other. In the event he won’t absorb it, remain on that instruction only because adding other orders might just confuse the Bearded Collie. Start with the basics.
4. When you are teaching skills, just keep your tone cheerful so the Bearded Collie will gladly obey the instructions. Bearded Collies respond best to a quiet and confident tone. If you yell, he may get unresponsive and startled.
5. Train the Bearded Collie in various locations. When you keep a Bearded Collie in just one certain place like your home, he will not be able to adjust to a different locale with different individuals. Take him to the park or throughout the neighborhood. This will assist your Bearded Collie get used to other breeds and people.
Bearded Collie Training: Conclusion
Breaking in your Bearded Collie can sometimes be tough, but it will always be worth it. The bottom line is, you’ll be the lucky one when your Bearded Collie is taught. You never know, he might even rescue you in the future and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Bearded Collies
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂