Training a Longhaired Whippet is not a hard task. Just have a little dedication, patience coupled with a few easy to learn tactics and you will break them in successfully.
Here are 5 Useful Suggestions on how you can break in a Longhaired Whippet successfully:
1. To prevent the Longhaired Whippet from becoming unsure and in order that they will be able to begin to learn instructions quickly just one person should be responsible for training your Longhaired Whippet to start. If too many folks attempt to train your Longhaired Whippet simultaneously it will stop the process in its tracks.
2. You must take advantage of positive feedback. If the Longhaired Whippet follows instructions, one must reward the action so he will know that what he did was right. If your Longhaired Whippet will not understand or follow commands, never scold him. Longhaired Whippets aren’t as intelligent as us, they take longer to learn. What you must take into account is that your Longhaired Whippet will not readily obey your orders in the first teaching, it requires repetitive attempts to break in a Longhaired Whippet . Do not harass a Longhaired Whippet since he could develop fear which might stunt his learning and readiness to be trained. Trainers may give food to reward a Longhaired Whippet, but please you shouldn’t take it too far.
3. Teach skills one at a time. Attempt to train him on one command after the other. In the instance where he won’t learn it, stay on that command only because trying additional lessons will just confuse the Longhaired Whippet. Stick to the fundamentals.
4. When you are executing lessons, just keep your tone pleasant so that your Longhaired Whippet will happily obey your orders. Longhaired Whippets respond to a quiet and confident tone. When you scream, he could be agitated and fearful.
5. Train a Longhaired Whippet in different locales. When you keep the Longhaired Whippet in 1 certain location like your house, he won’t be able to adjust to a new location with different individuals. Take him to a park or throughout the neighborhood. This will assist your Longhaired Whippet get used to more people and breeds.
Training Your Longhaired Whippet: Conclusion
Training the Longhaired Whippet can often be difficult, but it’ll always be worth it. The bottom line is, you’ll be the beneficiary when your Longhaired Whippet is trained. Who knows, he may even save your life in the future and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Longhaired Whippets
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂