Training Blue Lacys is quite easy. You just need patience, dedication as well as these five easy to learn skills and you will break them in successfully.
Here are five Super Techniques on how to train the Blue Lacy successfully:
1. In order to avoid a Blue Lacy from being unsure and in order that they will be able to learn commands quickly only one person should train a Blue Lacy initially. If too many folks are attempting to train your Blue Lacy at the same time it can stop the process.
2. One must take advantage of positive feedback and reinforcements. Once the Blue Lacy follows commands, one might reward the action so he will know that what he did was correct. If the Blue Lacy can’t understand or follow your commands, never scold him. Blue Lacys aren’t as smart as us, they make mistakes. What you must accept is that a Blue Lacy might not easily obey your orders in the first teaching, it requires repeated attempts to train a Blue Lacy successfully. Don’t berate a Blue Lacy since he might begin to develop timidness which may hinder his learning and readiness to be trained. Trainers can give food to reward the Blue Lacy, although do not take it too far.
3. Teach skills one at a time. Attempt to train him on one lesson after another. In the event he is unable to retain it, remain on that skill only because piling on new instructions will probablly just confuse the Blue Lacy. Have faith in the basics.
4. When you are executing lessons, you should keep your voice pleasant so your Blue Lacy will cheerfully obey the teachings. Blue Lacys respond to a low and confident voice. When you yell, he may get annoyed and fearful.
5. Train a Blue Lacy in different environments. If you keep your Blue Lacy in one certain location like your house, he will not be able to adapt to a new locale with different people. Take him to your dog park or through your neighborhood. This will help your Blue Lacy get used to different breeds and people.
Training The Blue Lacy: Conclusion
Teaching a Blue Lacy will often be challenging, but it will be worth it. The bottom line is, you will be the one to benefit when your Blue Lacy is taught. You don’t know, he could even rescue you in the future and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Blue Lacys
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂