Training the Kooikerhondje is pretty simple. All that’s required is patience, dedication together with five easy to learn tactics and you’ll teach them successfully.
In This Article we share five Great Suggestions for how to train the Kooikerhondje successfully:
1. To prevent your Kooikerhondje from becoming disoriented and in order that they can learn orders easily just a single person should be responsible for training the Kooikerhondje at first. When too many folks try to train your Kooikerhondje at once it might stop the process in its tracks.
2. You must take advantage of positive feedback and reinforcements. When your Kooikerhondje obeys, one might reward it so he will know that what he did was correct. If your Kooikerhondje can’t follow and understand commands, don’t harass him. Kooikerhondjes are not as intelligent as humans, they take longer to learn. What you need to understand is that they might not easily comprehend your commands in only 1 session, it requires repetition to break in a Kooikerhondje successfully. Do not push the Kooikerhondje since he might begin to develop anxiety which may negatively affect his learning and readiness to be trained. You can use treats in order to reward your Kooikerhondje, but you shouldn’t overuse it.
3. Teach commands one at a time. Make sure to train him on one instruction after the next. If he can’t learn it, remain on that order only because trying new skills might just confuse the Kooikerhondje. Stick to the basics.
4. In giving skills, just keep your voice cheerful so the Kooikerhondje will willingly obey your commands. Kooikerhondjes respond best to a low and confident tone. If you ever shout out loud, he might become unresponsive and startled.
5. Train the Kooikerhondje in various locations. When you keep the Kooikerhondje in one particular place like your home, he may not be able to adapt to a new place with new people. Take him to a park or around the neighborhood. This will help your Kooikerhondje get used to different breeds and people.
Conclusion: Kooikerhondje Training
Breaking in a Kooikerhondje will often be hard, but it’ll always be worth it. In the end, you’ll be the beneficiary when your Kooikerhondje is broken in. You never know, he might even rescue you in the future and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Kooikerhondjes
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂