Training a French Spaniel is pretty simple. You just need patience, dedication as well as these simple tricks and you will teach them successfully.
Below we share five Great Techniques for how to break in the French Spaniel with great results:
1. To avoid the French Spaniel from getting unsure and in order that they can begin to understand orders readily just 1 person should train the French Spaniel starting out. If too many folks are attempting to train your French Spaniel at once this may stop the process.
2. Trainers should always utilize positive feedback and reinforcements. Whenever your French Spaniel follows commands, one should reward the action so he can understand that what he did was good. If a French Spaniel won’t understand or follow your commands, don’t punish him. French Spaniels aren’t as smart as humans, they make mistakes. What you should accept is that the French Spaniel won’t easily follow all your orders in only 1 teaching, it takes repeated attempts to break in the French Spaniel successfully. Do not harass your French Spaniel as he may begin to develop timidness which may reduce the rate of his learning and willingness to be taught. You might give snacks or treats to reward the French Spaniel, but definitely you don’t want to take it too far.
3. Teach skills 1 at a time. Try to teach him one order after another. If he will not learn it, try to remain on that order only because adding more instructions may just confuse the French Spaniel. Start with the fundamentals.
4. In giving commands, just keep your inflection cheerful so your French Spaniel will willingly follow the orders. French Spaniels respond best to a low and confident voice. When you scream, he may be unresponsive and afraid.
5. Train your French Spaniel in multiple spaces. If you keep a French Spaniel in just 1 certain place like your house, he might not have the ability to adjust to a different location with different individuals. Take him to a dog park or around your neighborhood. This will aid your French Spaniel get familiar with different breeds and people.
Conclusion: Training The French Spaniel
Breaking in your French Spaniel can sometimes be difficult, however it will always be worth it. The bottom line is, you’ll be the beneficiary when your French Spaniel is trained. Who knows, he might even save your life in the future and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about French Spaniels
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂