Training the Australian Kelpie is not a hard task. All that’s required is dedication, patience together with a few simple tricks and you’ll train them successfully.
Here we share five Useful Tips on how you can break in a Australian Kelpie successfully:
1. In order to prevent the Australian Kelpie from being disoriented and so that they can begin to understand commands easily just a single individual should be responsible for training a Australian Kelpie initially. If too many individuals try to train the Australian Kelpie at the same time it may stop progress.
2. Trainers should always use positive reinforcements. Once your Australian Kelpie follows commands, the trainier might praise the behavior so he can realize that what he did was good. If the Australian Kelpie can’t follow and understand commands, don’t punish him. Australian Kelpies aren’t as smart as humans, they take longer to learn. What you must accept is that a Australian Kelpie will not easily understand your commands in just 1 teaching, it takes repetition to teach a Australian Kelpie successfully. Don’t berate a Australian Kelpie as he might begin to develop fear which may negatively affect his learning and willingness to be taught. Trainers can give them treats in order to reward your Australian Kelpie, but you should not take it too far.
3. Teach lessons one at a time. Attempt to train him on one command after the other. In the event he can’t learn it, try to remain on that order only because adding new instructions might just confuse the Australian Kelpie. Begin with the basics.
4. While executing commands, you must keep your inflection pleasant so your Australian Kelpie will gleefully submit to the instructions. Australian Kelpies respond best to a low and confident tone. If you ever scream, he may be annoyed and afraid.
5. Train your Australian Kelpie in various spaces. When you keep your Australian Kelpie in 1 certain environment like your house, he might not be able to adapt to a new environment with different individuals. Take him to your park or throughout your neighborhood. This can aid your Australian Kelpie get used to other breeds and people.
Training A Australian Kelpie: Conclusion
Breaking in the Australian Kelpie will often be tough, but it’ll always be worth it. In the end, you will be the one to benefit when your Australian Kelpie is trained. Who knows, he might even rescue you in the future and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Australian Kelpies
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂