With so many people advertising in the world of professional dog training today, finding out who’s really qualified to train your Staffordshire Bull Terrier can be overwhelming. What to consider for when selecting a professional to help you with training your Staffordshire Bull Terrier:
How to Find a Trainer For Your Staffordshire Bull Terrier: Six Things to Look For
- 1) A good reputation, ask around and get insight from the animal doctor, other Staffordshire Bull Terrier owners, or local kennel clubs.
- 2) Experience. – Inquire about their background, i.e. number of years experience.
- 3) A genuine love of and devotion to Staffordshire Bull Terriers.
- 4) Extensive and up to date knowledge. Dedicated trainers keep themselves updated by attending dog training and animal behavior courses, conferences, seminars and workshops.
- 5) Their training methodology and handling skills. A good trainers first concern should be the Staffordshire Bull Terrier’s well being.
- 6) Memberships with reputable associations, organizations and training clubs.
Standard Staffordshire Bull Terrier Obedience Tips
Training has to be a positive and enjoyable situation for both you and your Staffordshire Bull Terrier. If you are not in the right mood for training, do not even think of beginning. Always commend your Staffordshire Bull Terrier for listening to your orders to the letter! A reward is anything that your Staffordshire Bull Terrier desires and is willing to earn. Food is a great reward but other rewards could be verbal praise and toys. Multiple shorter training sessions are demonstrated to be more effective than one long one. Training mustn’t involve any negative components or punishment. There should be no yelling, no hitting or smacking, no leash jerking on choke chains or collars, and absolutely no electric shocking! Each training opportunity must be enjoyed and positive with prizes for each job well done.
Training Staffordshire Bull Terriers with head collars
Yanking the leash is one of the few displeasing jobs of raising a new Staffordshire Bull Terrier puppy. Utilizing a head collar for Staffordshire Bull Terrier training has become standard in the last few years. Training with a head collar does have some advantages over the regular training collar. While very easy to utilize, it’s crucial that head collars are fit properly and your Staffordshire Bull Terrier properly introduced to the collar. Head collars are typically more easy to use than a standard training collar. Head collars are very powerful when training Staffordshire Bull Terriers in difficult situations.Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Staffordshire Bull Terriers.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂