More than 50% of owners allows their Teddy Roosevelt Terriers to stay inside and sleep on the couch or in the bed. For those of you who are interested in how to build a dog house for your Teddy Roosevelt Terrier, below are some easy rules to follow when considering the type of house you want to build for your Teddy Roosevelt Terrier.
How to Build Your Teddy Roosevelt Terrier a Dog House: Size
1. You should start your house building process by ensuring the house is large enough to accommodate your Teddy Roosevelt Terrier’s potential mature size. People enjoy having around 2 feet of air overhead in a room in order to live without feeling boxed in. Your Teddy Roosevelt Terrier will also appreciate having that much room. The target zone for both people and Teddy Roosevelt Terriers is approximately 1/3 of their standing height. To figure out how much space the Teddy Roosevelt Terrier will need get out a ruler and measure your Teddy Roosevelt Terrier. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and especially measure the full dimension of the Teddy Roosevelt Terrier when he is in the most stretched out, comfortable, and relaxed position he can get into. Your Teddy Roosevelt Terrier should be able to gaze out the front door while both standing up and sitting. So the Teddy Roosevelt Terrier won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his belly, make sure that entrance is tall enough. Stand above the Teddy Roosevelt Terrier and measure the width of the broadest point of the Teddy Roosevelt Terrier’s shoulders.
How to Build Your Teddy Roosevelt Terrier a Dog House: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to raise the house several inches from the ground to permit air and water to flow underneath. To dissuade bugs from invading the house, and taking your Teddy Roosevelt Terrier’s health into consideration, remember how vital air circulation is. Put in a few nickel-sized holes in the panels below the eaves. Put a wind block inside the house so the Teddy Roosevelt Terrier can use the heat of its own body to heat the area if it is really cold or breezy outside. Think about adding a partial wall which will permit your Teddy Roosevelt Terrier to escape the nasty weather. Your animal can choose to just snooze in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved pet would probably appreciate having a pillow or some sort of pallet to sleep on.
Building Your Teddy Roosevelt Terrier a House: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain coming into the dog house make the floor just a little bit tilted in the direction of the doorway and build the roof a little bit on an angle, as well. Ensure the house is well insulated but you should not paint the interior.
4. In the US most storms come from the west and south so make sure the dog house is facing a different direction. Most house blueprints recommend that the dog house opening faces east. The cold air will not be able to rush through the door then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Teddy Roosevelt Terrier’s Dog House
5. It is suggested that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Teddy Roosevelt Terrier a house. This makes it simpler for you to clean your Teddy Roosevelt Terrier’s home. You should clean out the Teddy Roosevelt Terrier’s house as frequently as you give your Teddy Roosevelt Terrier a bath.
Teddy Roosevelt Terrier Dog House: Conclusion
If your Teddy Roosevelt Terrier lives outside then he needs to have a suitable place to sleep and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these straightforward tips on building a dog house for your Teddy Roosevelt Terrier will help you begin.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Teddy Roosevelt Terriers.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂