Greater than 50 percent of the population permit their Tahltan Bear Dogs to live indoors and sleep on the couch or in the bed. For those of you who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your Tahltan Bear Dog, following are some easy rules to follow when deciding the type of house you want to provide for your Tahltan Bear Dog.
How to Build a House for Your Tahltan Bear Dog: Size
1. You should start your dog house building process by making sure the house is big enough to accommodate your Tahltan Bear Dog’s potential adult size. As humans, we enjoy having around two feet of air above us in a room to live without feeling claustrophobic. Your Tahltan Bear Dog will probably also enjoy having that much room. The target zone for both humans and Tahltan Bear Dogs is around thrity-three percent of their standing height. To figure out how much space the Tahltan Bear Dog will need get a measuring tape and measure your Tahltan Bear Dog. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and especially measure the full dimension of the Tahltan Bear Dog when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Tahltan Bear Dog should be able to look out the front door while both sitting and standing. So the Tahltan Bear Dog won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his belly, make sure that door is high enough. Stand over the Tahltan Bear Dog and measure the breadth of the widest point of the animal’s shoulders.
Building a Dog House for Your Tahltan Bear Dog: Elevation
2. Remember to elevate the dog house several inches from the ground to allow water and air to flow underneath. To discourage bugs from invading the house, and taking your Tahltan Bear Dog’s health into consideration, remember how vital ventilation is. Install a few nickel-sized holes in the walls below the eaves. Put a wind block inside the dog house so the Tahltan Bear Dog can use the warmth of its own body to warm the space if it is really cold or windy outside. Think about adding a partial wall which will permit your Tahltan Bear Dog to escape the bad weather. Your animal can choose to just sleep in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved pet would probably love having a pillow or some sort of bedding to snooze on.
Building Your Tahltan Bear Dog a House: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain entering the house make the floor just a bit angled in the direction of the entryway and construct the roof a bit slanted, as well. Make sure the dog house is well insulated but you should not paint the inside.
4. In America most storms come from the south and west so ensure the dog house faces a different direction. Most dog house blueprints recommend that the dog house entryway faces east. The cold air will not be able to whip through the entryway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Tahltan Bear Dog’s House
5. It is recommended that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Tahltan Bear Dog a house. This makes it easier for you to empty your Tahltan Bear Dog’s house. You should clean out the Tahltan Bear Dog’s house as often as you give your Tahltan Bear Dog a bath.
Tahltan Bear Dog Dog House: Conclusion
If your Tahltan Bear Dog lives outside then he needs to have a pleasant place to sleep and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these easy tips on building a dog house for the Tahltan Bear Dog will help you start.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Tahltan Bear Dogs.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂