Greater than 50 percent of people permit their Pungsan Dogs to stay indoors and sleep on their sofa or in the bed. For those of you all who are wanting to know how to build a dog house for your Pungsan Dog, here are our easy rules to follow when deciding the type of shelter you want to build for your Pungsan Dog.
Building Your Pungsan Dog a Dog House: Size
1. You should start your dog house building process by ensuring the house is big enough to accommodate your Pungsan Dog’s potential adult size. Humans enjoy having approximately 2 feet of air overhead in a room in order to live without feeling claustrophobic. Your Pungsan Dog will probably also appreciate having that much room. The target zone for both people and Pungsan Dogs is approximately a third of their standing height. To calculate how much room the Pungsan Dog will need get out a measuring tape and measure your Pungsan Dog. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the Pungsan Dog when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Pungsan Dog should be able to look out the front door while both sitting and standing. So the Pungsan Dog will not have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his tummy, make sure that door is tall enough. Stand above the Pungsan Dog and measure the width of the broadest point of the animal’s shoulders.
How to Build Your Pungsan Dog a Dog House: Elevation
2. Don’t forget to raise the house several inches from the ground to permit air and water to flow underneath. To discourage pests from entering the dog house, and taking your Pungsan Dog’s health into consideration, remember how important air circulation is. Put in a few nickel-sized openings in the walls under the eaves. Install a wind block inside the dog house so the Pungsan Dog can use the heat of its body to heat the area if it is extremely cold or breezy outside. Consider adding a partial panel which will permit your Pungsan Dog to escape the inclement weather. Your animal can choose to just snooze in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved Pungsan Dog would probably appreciate having a cushion or some sort of bedding to sleep on.
How to Build Your Pungsan Dog a House: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain entering the dog house make the floor just a little bit angled toward the door and build the roof a little bit tilted, as well. Ensure the house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the interior.
4. In the United States most storms come from the west and south so make sure the house is facing a different direction. Most house blueprints recommend that the dog house doorway faces east. The cold air won’t be able to whip through the opening then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Pungsan Dog’s House
5. It’s suggested that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Pungsan Dog a dog house. This makes it simpler for you to clean out your Pungsan Dog’s house. You should empty out the Pungsan Dog’s house as much as you give your Pungsan Dog a bath.
Pungsan Dog Dog House: Conclusion
If your Pungsan Dog lives outside then he needs to have a suitable place to snooze and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these straightforward tips on building a dog house for your Pungsan Dog will help you start.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Pungsan Dogs.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂