More than fifty percent of owners allows their Podenco Canarios to live inside and sleep on the sofa or in the bed. For those of y’all who are interested in how to build a dog house for your Podenco Canario, to follow are some simple rules to follow when considering what type of house you want to provide for your Podenco Canario.
Building a Dog House for Your Podenco Canario: Size
1. You should start your dog house building process by ensuring the house is large enough to fit your Podenco Canario’s potential adult size. We enjoy having about 2 feet of air overhead in a room in order to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Podenco Canario will probably also appreciate having that much room. The target zone for both people and Podenco Canarios is around 33% of their standing height. To calculate how much room the Podenco Canario will need get out a ruler and measure your Podenco Canario. Measure him standing straight up, sitting on his haunches and most importantly measure the full dimension of the Podenco Canario when he is in the most relaxed, comfortable, and stretched out position he can get into. Your Podenco Canario should be able to peer out the front entrance while both sitting and standing. So the Podenco Canario won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his stomach, make sure that entrance is tall enough. Stand above the Podenco Canario and measure the width of the widest point of the animal’s shoulders.
How to Build Your Podenco Canario a Dog House: Elevation
2. Remember to raise the house several inches from the ground to allow air and water to flow underneath. To dissuade pests from entering the dog house, and taking your Podenco Canario’s health into consideration, remember how vital ventilation is. Install a few nickel-sized openings in the panels underneath the eaves. Install a wind block inside the dog house so the Podenco Canario can use the warmth of its body to warm the space if it is very cold or breezy outside. Think about adding a partial wall which will permit your Podenco Canario to escape the bad weather. Your Podenco Canario can decide to just sleep in the entry room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner room. Your beloved pet would probably love having a cushion or some sort of pallet to snooze on.
Building Your Podenco Canario a House: Weather Resistant
3. To avoid rain coming into the house make the floor just a bit tilted toward the doorway and construct the roof a little bit tilted, as well. Make sure the house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the interior.
4. In America most storms come from the south and west so ensure the house is facing a different direction. Most house plans suggest that the house entrance faces east. The cold air will not be able to rush through the door then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Podenco Canario’s Dog House
5. It is suggested that you place hinges on the roof when you build your Podenco Canario a dog house. This makes it easier for you to empty out your Podenco Canario’s house. You should clean your Podenco Canario’s house as often as you give your Podenco Canario a bath.
Podenco Canario Dog House: Conclusion
If your Podenco Canario lives outside then he deserves to have a comfortable place to snooze and get out of harsh weather. Hopefully these straightforward tips on building a dog house for your Podenco Canario will help you get going.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Podenco Canarios.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂