More than 50% of the population allows their Mudhol Hounds to stay indoors and sleep on the sofa or in the owner’s bed. For those of you who are wondering how to build a dog house for your Mudhol Hound, below are our simple rules to follow when considering what type of house you want to provide for your Mudhol Hound.
Building a House for Your Mudhol Hound: Size
1. You should start your house building process by ensuring the house is large enough to accommodate your Mudhol Hound’s potential mature size. People enjoy having around two feet of air overhead in a room in order to live without feeling claustrophobic. The Mudhol Hound will also enjoy having that much room. The target zone for both people and Mudhol Hounds is about thrity-three percent of their standing height. To calculate how much room the Mudhol Hound will need go get a measuring tape and measure your Mudhol Hound. Measure him standing straight up, resting on his haunches and above all measure the full dimension of the Mudhol Hound when he is in the most stretched out, comfortable, and relaxed position he can get into. Your Mudhol Hound should be able to peer out the front entrance when both standing up and sitting. So the Mudhol Hound won’t have to significantly lower his front shoulders or drag his belly, make sure that door is high enough. Stand above the Mudhol Hound and measure the width of the broadest point of the Mudhol Hound’s shoulders.
How to Build Your Mudhol Hound a House: Elevation
2. Remember to raise the dog house several inches from the ground to permit air and water to flow below. To dissuade bugs from invading the house, and taking your Mudhol Hound’s health into consideration, remember how important air circulation is. Put in a few nickel-sized holes in the panels below the eaves. Put a wind block inside the dog house so the Mudhol Hound can use the heat of its own body to warm the area if it is very cold or breezy outside. Consider adding a partial panel which will permit your Mudhol Hound to escape the inclement weather. Your animal can choose to just sleep in the front room or go around the inner archway maze wall into the inner sanctum. Your beloved pet would probably appreciate having a pillow or some sort of bedding to sleep on.
How to Build Your Mudhol Hound a House: Weather Resistant
3. To prevent rain coming into the dog house make the floor just a bit slanted toward the entryway and construct the roof a little bit slanted, as well. Make sure the house is well insulated but you shouldn’t paint the inside.
4. In the United States most storms come from the west and south so make sure the dog house is facing a different direction. Most house plans suggest that the dog house opening faces east. The cold air won’t be able to whip through the doorway then.
Add Hinges to the Roof of Your Mudhol Hound’s House
5. It is suggested that you put hinges on the roof when you build your Mudhol Hound a house. This makes it easier for you to empty your Mudhol Hound’s house. You should clean your Mudhol Hound’s house as frequently as you give your Mudhol Hound a bath.
Mudhol Hound Dog House: Conclusion
If your Mudhol Hound stays outdoors then he needs to have a comfortable place to sleep and get away from harsh weather. Hopefully these easy tips on building a dog house for your Mudhol Hound will help you get started.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Mudhol Hounds.
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂